Rimfire K95

Sponsored by Luxus Arms.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Dom, mchughcb, pagosawingnut

Welldone7

Rimfire K95

Post by Welldone7 »

I know,I know......everybody wants a K95 Rimfire. Has it ever been done? The BPCR crowd sometimes uses Crossno 22 barrel liners. Or maybe a more permanent barrel liner. Can’t imagine doing that to a Blaser barrel. Then the firing pin shape and offset would have to be worked out. I am in love with my new K95 and want to use it for everything! Right now, I am thinking of getting a 22 Hornet barrel and down loading it for small game. Not really legal where I live but I only hunt on my own land and dead squirrels don’t talk😎.

SPEEDY

Re: Rimfire K95

Post by SPEEDY »

I loaded trail boss and 110gn pills in the 30/06 to get my low velocity small game kick, but a 22hornet with trail boss and a 35gn Vmax might be as close as you can get.
I know one could be made but it would be fiddly and very expensive to do.
Maybe ream out a barrel to .410 shotgun and get a liner like this for it, then you have both a pea rife and a garden gauge shotgun.
https://chaszel.com/product/22-shotgun-adapters/
410-to-22LR-18in-Overall-half-2-scaled.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Welldone7

Post by Welldone7 »

Thanks for that idea. I could see that working. 22 Hornet seems more “ practical” but I’m not always practical.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I think a 410ga has been done before, I definitely know strait wall cartridge conversion has been done, and seeing as you can make brass 410ga cases out of 9.3x74R brass it should be simple enough.
Famous last words, baring that a cut and thread a new tube in 410ga is probably easier if the smith can't ream to size a put a little choke on it while he's at it.

But loading down a 22 hornet with trail boss and even cast pills would be the easiest and cheapest way by far.

MM
Meister der jagd

Post by MM »

A 22rf barrel is on my wish list ( and a 410 barrel) for my K95. It would be awesome for practice, small game hunting and to take along on a big game hunt if you tag out early. If Blaser offered a 22rf barrel I think it would be a good seller. I had a barrel bored out and rechambered to 350 legend for Ohio deer hunting with satisfactory results so I have been thinking of picking up a second 222 or hornet barrel and having it drilled out and a barrel liner put in but don’t know who could do the work. What my options are now:
1. I have 222 to 22rf adapters they work ok for shorter range squirrel hunting but are kind of a pain.
2. 22 hornet work up a very mild but accurate trail boss load and have a separate scope sighted in for it. I have not been able to find the right combination yet that works in my Rifle. This option would be legal in Ohio but not Kentucky for squirrel hunting.
3. Resize hornet cases and prime them and seat an air gun pellet in the case ( no powder) fun for backyard plunking but not suitable for hunting.
If there are any other options I would love to hear about them.
Matt

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I used to do that with 223rem cases, tried 22/250 as well, bigger case less velocity, I got 900fps from memory (I think I did a story on it here) so with a hornet case you would get pretty damn close to supersonic so you could load heavy slugs for more oomph.
And remember to clean the barrel every 5 or so shots to stop leading in the barrel.

Return to “Drillings, Combinations, Doubles and Singles”