New K95's

Sponsored by Luxus Arms.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Dom, mchughcb, pagosawingnut

jamesc

Re: New K95's

Post by jamesc »

PXL_20211019_023419248.jpg
Ive got a real problem, emailed safari the other day and got a price for a Z8i 1-8x24 SR , turns out there was one in the country (never happens) so i ordered it on the spot.
Lovely scope and fits the gun well i think.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Suits it quite well. 👍
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

jamesc

Post by jamesc »

Took the rifle out to sight it in, set up a target at 100m and fired 6 shots to get it dead on at 100m, while i was checking the target i could hear the bleating of a goat, a quick scan of the hills showed the watch goat high on a rock alter to my presence but seemed unfazed by the shooting. Packed up my target and went for a walk up the hills, using some thick brush as cover. As i made my way up the wind changed and was blowing from behind me straight up the hill towards the goats. I could see the goat high on the rock above me staring straight down at me, knowing the game was up i continued up the hill to see what was over the other side, i skirted around the rocks and the goats were gone, moving over the ridge i could see down the other side and spied the mob of goats moving along the ridge between the rocks in no hurry at all, i made myself comfortable and watched them move. Then i saw the big billy amongst them. He stopped and turned back to look towards me, i lined up the cross hairs on his chest and squeezed off a shot, the 158grn S&B HPC met its mark perfectly and the billy dropped instantly out of sight. I made my way down the hill and found him just below where he was standing when i shot him. Im very happy with the K95 and the performance of the 7x65R
PXL_20211030_052034249.jpg
PXL_20211030_054218174.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

7x65R is probably the perfect calibre for a K95.

Knowing now what I didn't know then I'd have gotten one over the 30/06.

Love those colour goats too, definitely the best looking pattern. 👍

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Looks like you have the perfect setup. Mines starting to look like its been through a couple of wars. I love it.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

There's a brand new K95 in 308Win at Gunco today, almost nudging $10K. I'm glad I bought mine when it was cheap.

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

jamesc wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:35 am Took the rifle out to sight it in, set up a target at 100m and fired 6 shots to get it dead on at 100m, while i was checking the target i could hear the bleating of a goat, a quick scan of the hills showed the watch goat high on a rock alter to my presence but seemed unfazed by the shooting. Packed up my target and went for a walk up the hills, using some thick brush as cover. As i made my way up the wind changed and was blowing from behind me straight up the hill towards the goats. I could see the goat high on the rock above me staring straight down at me, knowing the game was up i continued up the hill to see what was over the other side, i skirted around the rocks and the goats were gone, moving over the ridge i could see down the other side and spied the mob of goats moving along the ridge between the rocks in no hurry at all, i made myself comfortable and watched them move. Then i saw the big billy amongst them. He stopped and turned back to look towards me, i lined up the cross hairs on his chest and squeezed off a shot, the 158grn S&B HPC met its mark perfectly and the billy dropped instantly out of sight. I made my way down the hill and found him just below where he was standing when i shot him. Im very happy with the K95 and the performance of the 7x65R

Funny thing, was just looking at a photo on R&N Blades that looked a lot like that billy.... :dance: :lol: :lol:
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

mchughcb wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:05 am There's a brand new K95 in 308Win at Gunco today, almost nudging $10K. I'm glad I bought mine when it was cheap.
That is a Black Edition, Charles, so some what up the $$$ heirarchy from your Edition. :D , but still about 50% more than I paid for my Black Edition a few years ago.

Time and price rises wait for no man. :lol:

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

secondtry wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:31 pm
mchughcb wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:05 am There's a brand new K95 in 308Win at Gunco today, almost nudging $10K. I'm glad I bought mine when it was cheap.
That is a Black Edition, Charles, so some what up the $$$ heirarchy from your Edition. :D , but still about 50% more than I paid for my Black Edition a few years ago.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

That's definitely up there, things are only going to get worse.

jamesc

Post by jamesc »

Vaughan wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:41 am
jamesc wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:35 am Took the rifle out to sight it in, set up a target at 100m and fired 6 shots to get it dead on at 100m, while i was checking the target i could hear the bleating of a goat, a quick scan of the hills showed the watch goat high on a rock alter to my presence but seemed unfazed by the shooting. Packed up my target and went for a walk up the hills, using some thick brush as cover. As i made my way up the wind changed and was blowing from behind me straight up the hill towards the goats. I could see the goat high on the rock above me staring straight down at me, knowing the game was up i continued up the hill to see what was over the other side, i skirted around the rocks and the goats were gone, moving over the ridge i could see down the other side and spied the mob of goats moving along the ridge between the rocks in no hurry at all, i made myself comfortable and watched them move. Then i saw the big billy amongst them. He stopped and turned back to look towards me, i lined up the cross hairs on his chest and squeezed off a shot, the 158grn S&B HPC met its mark perfectly and the billy dropped instantly out of sight. I made my way down the hill and found him just below where he was standing when i shot him. Im very happy with the K95 and the performance of the 7x65R

Funny thing, was just looking at a photo on R&N Blades that looked a lot like that billy.... :dance: :lol: :lol:
Yeah that was mine, robs knives are amazing and we'll worth every cent

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

jamesc wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:59 pm
Yeah that was mine, robs knives are amazing and we'll worth every cent
They are. I have one and a HFK on order. Well made with good steel!
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Well that's nice to know. I can't say I'm going to spend another $10K on a K95 when the current stutzen in 30-06 is doing quite nicely. I'll be saving my pennies for a D99 or F16 :lol:

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

mchughcb wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:05 am

Well that's nice to know. I can't say I'm going to spend another $10K on a K95 when the current stutzen in 30-06 is doing quite nicely. I'll be saving my pennies for a D99 or F16 :lol:
F16 👍

jamesc

Post by jamesc »

Well after a 12month wait the new forend for my k95 has arrived, fitted it up today and I'm happy to say it looks good.

Was a bit worried, as I was given 4 options to choose from and had to try and match wood using photographs.

Now to finally get the hornet barrel fitted.
received_445626874051537.jpeg
received_430541079065659.jpeg

Return to “Drillings, Combinations, Doubles and Singles”