Older blaser combination gun mount

Sponsored by Luxus Arms.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Dom, mchughcb, pagosawingnut

OR4NGE

Older blaser combination gun mount

Post by OR4NGE »

Hey there,

I just got a very nice older pattern blaser combination gun.

Scope mount seems to be one slot with weaver style rail around.

Anyone knows how this style of mount is called ? Also any idea where I might find a pdf version of the manual ?

Thanks in advance !

https://ibb.co/SxGkR1f

Gamsjagd
Meister der jagd

Re: Older blaser combination gun mount

Post by Gamsjagd »

Sir send this photo to the folks at New England Custom guns or Optics Trade in Slovenia and thry will get you sorted. Take measurements and draw out a diagram for them use metric.

Gamsjagd
Meister der jagd

Post by Gamsjagd »

Expect mountsvto cost $400-600.

OR4NGE

Post by OR4NGE »

Found it with the help of the optic trade team. Sadly no answers from Blaser Germany - pretty disapponted to have no answers from them And Blaser USA had no clue .

https://www.optics-trade.eu/ca/makuick- ... -rail.html

YellowLab
Meister der jagd

Post by YellowLab »

That looks like a good option. Optics-trade are great to deal with. I have the same combination gun so let us know how it works out. The BBF 700/88 is probably from the 1970’s/ 80’s so it’s not too surprising that Blaser does not support them. I had a similar issue with a much newer Sabatti single shot and I bought a MAK mount from optics-trade that fits perfectly.

OR4NGE

Post by OR4NGE »

So the mount did fit but the lug was not the right shape, now I need to either buy the lug separately ( which might be a lug for a FAIR/ Sabatti type roll of mount) or find a mount that fits but most fair mounts are 11.5mm while the blaser seems to be 14.5.

OR4NGE

Post by OR4NGE »

Moritz from EAW found me the correct part number for the Roll of mount

48110890153 = Sub Base, Blaser BBF, Height 8.9mm
471030100 = Steel Rings, Ø30, Height 10mm
471030050 = Steel Rings, Ø30, Height 5mm

Blackbear

Post by Blackbear »

OP, I just bought a combo that looks almost identical to yours (my first Blaser) and am curious to know how the EAW mount worked out for you? I’d love to see a picture of your setup if you want to share!

Dom

Post by Dom »

That's a long rail. The setup on my older BD880 is a little different, but similar. It is set up with a Schwenkmontage (Swing Off), if I'm not mistaken from Blaser, similar to EAW, as it swings off the rear and pivots on the front mount. I turn that rear wheel, which draws in the claws that hook on the rail, and swing it off.
-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom --------------

Blackbear

Post by Blackbear »

Thanks Dom, nice setup, but ours looks a bit different. We have the dovetail rail only, no forward mount. I finally got mine out to the range and may be happy just leaving it with iron sights only. It points naturally as a shotgun and groups at 75 yards with the iron sights and the set trigger were better than I expected them to be, about 1.5” although those did open up a bit with the 100grain bullets out of the 243. Should be plenty good for the dense forests where I’m located.

Return to “Drillings, Combinations, Doubles and Singles”