D99 versus BBF97 impressions

Sponsored by Luxus Arms.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Dom, mchughcb, pagosawingnut

mchughcb

D99 versus BBF97 impressions

Post by mchughcb »

After many years of searching I finally got my hands on a new D99 duo in Frankonia dusseldorf. After much delberations in the 5 minutes I was allowed to hold it I've decided that the D99 is just not the right fit for me. It was too heavy in the front and to be honest the Sauer 3000 I've held in melbourne fitted me much better. Sometimes its like wishing to meet your most famous filmstar, to find they photoshopped a lot of the weight off her :doh:

The K97 luxuses on display however were every bit like my desire. Slim, petite and sexy. Luckily in Germany foreigners can't just put a deposit for one down which is great, as my credit card survived another stretch on the rack. So in retrospect I like my handling of my BBF more and especially for my style of hunting and i'm glad I got that first and in the 7x57R.

I have not given up on a drilling, I just feel I will be drawn back to the sauer :whistle:

retrieverman
Meister der jagd

Re: D99 versus BBF97 impressions

Post by retrieverman »

I own a BBF97 and really like the gun, and I also like the "idea" of a drilling. However, for me, I have yet to be in a situation where having a combo gun has actually benefited me. :confusion-scratchheadyellow:

My BBF is light and handy, but for what I do with it, a K95 could do the job just as well.

I may own a K95 someday, but given my success with my TC Encore, I would have to be a screaming deal.

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

I like the feel of the D99s with two shotgun barrels, the double rifle one feels a bit cumbersome.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I'd like a D99 7x57R or 7x65R over 2x20ga for a nice all around gun.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Return to “Drillings, Combinations, Doubles and Singles”