New BBF ordered!

Sponsored by Luxus Arms.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Dom, mchughcb, pagosawingnut

dieselten
Meister der jagd

New BBF ordered!

Post by dieselten »

I got my first R8 about 8 months ago after reading about them here. I did not want to believe the accuracy claims, but I finally broke down and got one from Euro Optic. I could not resist the sexy straight pull. Well it was a friggin Buck Rogers space gun. I just thought about what I wanted to hit and it hit! Worked so well I bought another, and another barrel.

Anyway, I was reading this forum and didnt know what all the D99, BB whatever, Kxx were. Might as well have been computer code. Well after reading I got very interested in the BBF combo gun. I decided to buy a cheap Russian Bikal in 12/30-06 just to see if I liked the concept. The gun cost about the same as a Blaser QD mount so no big deal really. Anyway I have played with it, regulated it and I like it alot. It is very rough with a lot of sharp edges, 9lb triggers and it takes 2 people to break it open, but it shoots great and I like the shotgun slug/rifle flexibility.

So now I know I want a Blaser combo, just have to decide caliber and model. I decided on a BBF 95 because of the light cocking action, and I never had the need to shoot 2 shots in under 2 seconds. I got it in 12/30-06, standard model, standard barrel length, 15.25 LOP and I requested shallow V rear sight with white line and a red bead front sight. Just ordered it from Euro Optic. They said 3-4 months. Cant't wait!

One of the biggest reasons I went with this was after reading about Corjack's bear hunt and seeing all his targets from his BBF's. Plus i also enjoyed Mchugh's exploits as well as MM.

Thanks guys!

Nick

Corjack
Administrator

Re: New BBF ordered!

Post by Corjack »

That is really cool. Am glad an American is trying out the 95, will look forward to your report on it.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

dieselten
Meister der jagd

Post by dieselten »

I have heard that the opening tension is adjustable. I have downloaded the manual online and it does not mention this. Can anyone explain the adjustment?

Will give a full report when I get it.

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

dieselten wrote:I have heard that the opening tension is adjustable. I have downloaded the manual online and it does not mention this. Can anyone explain the adjustment?

Will give a full report when I get it.
Am not right sure about it. Mine just falls open. Since the cocking is in the tang, no force is required to cock anything on opening.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

MM
Meister der jagd

Post by MM »

You will love your combo.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

I think you made a great decision. Let us know how you get on.

Vol423
Meister der jagd

Post by Vol423 »

I ordered a B97 in 12/7X65R. I already have a Valmet in that combination, but I like the 6.5 pound weight of the Blaser better than 8.5 pounds in the Valmet. In addition I like the safety of the kickspanner. It isn't cocked until you push it forward. I plan to use mine mostly for local deer and turkey hunts, plus coyotes whenever I see one.

Return to “Drillings, Combinations, Doubles and Singles”