Everyday Urban Carry

All handgun subjects may be discussed here. Sponsored by Canovi & Associates Survival Training.

Moderator: pagosawingnut

RuarkReader

Re: Everyday Urban Carry

Post by RuarkReader »

My state doesn't become "Shall Issue" for concealed carry until January 2011, but I've already purchased and broken in a Kahr P-380 with night sights. It's very light, compact, reliable, accurate, and pleasant to shoot. It should be about perfect for everyday front pocket carry with a plain jane two-sided KNJ nylon holster and very discrete.

NE450No2
Meister der jagd

Post by NE450No2 »

Updated info.

I got a couple of holsters from Corjacks buddy, Gaunt Leatherworks. I am wearing one now with a LW Kimber Pro CDP II. I use it with my long time Colt LW Commander as well. I also have one for a 4" S&W 44 Mag. They hold the gun very close to the body, and are very comfortable to wear, ALL DAY long. And I know because I have worn a gun 100% of the time I have been a wake for over 40 years, and many times while sleeping as well. :D

They have quality leather and quality stiching.

BlaserD

Post by BlaserD »

most days springfield XD sub compact 9mm or my Dan Wesson 45, if Iam at the farm or hunting either my Springfield XDM or Smith and wesson Mtn Gun, 7 shot 357 magunum. Plinking its my supressed Walther P22 :D
>>>---------------->
Live, Love, Hunt-Life is short!
270, Jack had it right!

pagosawingnut
Global Moderator

Post by pagosawingnut »

I usually alternate between a Springfield Armory Micro Compact in .45 acp and a Kimber CDP II in .45. Use either a Galco or a custom holster that a friend made for me.
It doesn't matter what you shoot as long as you shoot
NRA Benefactor Member
SCI Life Member
USMC Life Member

Mckay

Post by Mckay »

Glock 36, Smith 342PD or Wilson Combat CQB Commander size.

papabear

Post by papabear »

If I carry, it is usually a S&W 37 or 42. I bought a Ruger LCP, it just doesn't do it for me. Daughter now has it. I do have a Colt's pocket .380 that gets out once in a while. I can make the 42 disappear in a back pocket under a handkerchief to break the printing. Jack

Bullet-slinger

Post by Bullet-slinger »

I carry a Wilson Combat Compact CQB 45 ACP everyday. 1 spare magazine, 230 grain Speer Gold Dot ammo, Milt Sparks in waist band holster. Summer and winter.

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

I carry a Les Baer Thunder Ranch, full size 45ACP if weather allows, when it doesn't I carry a Sig P238 .380 or a KelTec P3AT .380. Here in Floirida most months I wear a .380.
Bob
Robert J Stokes

longrider
Meister der jagd

Post by longrider »

Not sure if I qualify to comment on "Urban" carry, as I live in Wyoming. As a result, like most of my friends here I am not to concerned about super concealment - hence I carry my HK Compact USP 45 during the summer and my full size USP Tactical 45 during cooler weather.

I carry one extra mag on my person and then have a go bag with several, along with sundry other items of interest...

I keep my HK UMP/USC conversion in the truck in a 911 Urban tactical backpack with 4 25 round 45 mags, everything is loaded with WW 230 Ranger bonded SXT.

MY LWRCI 16" 308 REPR is a permanent truck gun with 5 extra 20rd PMAGS 3.5x35 Acog and an AAC sd762 can attached.
Brad

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

longrider wrote:Not sure if I qualify to comment on "Urban" carry, as I live in Wyoming. As a result, like most of my friends here I am not to concerned about super concealment - hence I carry my HK Compact USP 45 during the summer and my full size USP Tactical 45 during cooler weather.

I carry one extra mag on my person and then have a go bag with several, along with sundry other items of interest...

I keep my HK UMP/USC conversion in the truck in a 911 Urban tactical backpack with 4 25 round 45 mags, everything is loaded with WW 230 Ranger bonded SXT.

MY LWRCI 16" 308 REPR is a permanent truck gun with 5 extra 20rd PMAGS 3.5x35 Acog and an AAC sd762 can attached.

:dance: Your assortment brings to mind the joke about the cop stopping the well armed man/woman and asking them what they're afraid of since they're armed to the teeth. The answer is 'nothing'. :lol: Do believe you and NE450 could be quite a team - that nobody would want to mess with.

Return to “Handguns”