New Pistol

All handgun subjects may be discussed here. Sponsored by Canovi & Associates Survival Training.

Moderator: pagosawingnut

Corjack
Administrator

New Pistol

Post by Corjack »

It is legal to concealed carry in my state. Problem is, I hate packing a gun. Pain in the ass to conceal, gotta get up, strap it in a holster. I pretty much wear cargo shorts when temps are above 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Hard to conceal wearing shorts and a t shirt. So I shopped around and decided on a Berretta Pico in 380. About the thinnest thing I could find. It is a double action six shot pistol. Impossible to fire without deliberately pulling the trigger. Get up in the morning put it in my pocket and go. I tested it a bit yesterday, and if you are careful you can hit a gallon can at ten yards.
IMG_8931.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

Rod
Meister der jagd

Re: New Pistol

Post by Rod »

:handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: Would be great to have that problem

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I liked the little Sig with the pocket clip on the side of the slide.
But any gun is better then harsh words when you find yourself in need of the former.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

Those little guns are the difference sometimes between bad things happening to you versus bad things happening to the guy who started it. I too hate carrying concealed. After many years of having to carry I find no fun in carrying anything. That one looks nice and smooth like it wouldn't hang up on clothes, etc. I had a little S&W 357 on the 60 frame. Small enough I could stick it in my pants pocket and not really show anything. Gave it to my daughter so there went that. She had a guy in her apartment 2 Christmas's ago shortly after midnight. She thought her daughter was up and went into the hallway to round her up to find a guy standing there. She screamed at him to get out and her other half woke up. The guy turned and headed out the patio door and over the fence. Scared the crap out of her and him, probably all 3. They had my 20 gauge 870 but it wasn't really convenient so I added the 357 to their defense kit. Was thinking of the small flat S&Ws but haven't had a chance to look at them close up.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I'm also a fan of the Taurus 180 Curve, the 380's seem to be the pic of the bunch for concealed carry, but I have to admit if I did pic one it would be a COP 357 derringer, that's 4 shots of 357mag and it's as slim as a little 25acp pistol.
I figure if 4 rounds of 357 can't get me out of trouble then I'm stuffed regardless.

But that will unfortunately never be a possibility in the people's republic of Australia.
220px-COP_357.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

SPEEDY wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:05 am I'm also a fan of the Taurus 180 Curve, the 380's seem to be the pic of the bunch for concealed carry, but I have to admit if I did pic one it would be a COP 357 derringer, that's 4 shots of 357mag and it's as slim as a little 25acp pistol.
I figure if 4 rounds of 357 can't get me out of trouble then I'm stuffed regardless.

But that will unfortunately never be a possibility in the people's republic of Australia.

220px-COP_357.jpg

I stay away from guns that aren't made by a major brand. Bullet holes will teach you that they aren't worth the discount. Assuming of course that the bullet hole isn't one that ends your world. The accidental discharges by the various derringers over the years taught me that they weren't for me. These days I go one step further and don't carry with one in the pipe. If it bites me then so be it. When you're in uniform that is a no-no that can definitely get you killed or hurt. Now I should have ample time to jack the slide back if I think things might be headed my way. There's always the example where that didn't work for somebody but in most situations it is going to be just fine.

You really want cheesy, check out the little 22 revolvers by Freedom Arms. Know a few people that carry them loaded and in their pants pocket. Hope their keys don't get tangled up with them. Could get rather lively in those pants. I arrested a guy back in the late 70s who had one wrapped in celophane and stored in his rectum. The jailers found it after I dropped him off for other charges. He said someone had a hit on him and he needed a gun to defend himself. Always wondered just how that would look as he prepared to return fire by dropping his pants and procuring his weapon, pulling the celophane off of it and shooting back. That had the makings of a youtube video...

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

I carry a Glock 42 in a Kydex pocket holster. It is always in condition one ready to go but the kydex holster completely covers the trigger making an AD next to impossible. It is so comfortable I forget I have it on me and I can shoot the little 42 very well, have killed several rabbits with it and hitting a 10" circle out to 50 yards is very doable. The only modification I did was installing the XS Big Dot tritium sights which makes it really fast.
Robert J Stokes

Olsen

Post by Olsen »

Corjack wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:31 pm It is legal to concealed carry in my state. Problem is, I hate packing a gun. Pain in the ass to conceal, gotta get up, strap it in a holster. I pretty much wear cargo shorts when temps are above 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Hard to conceal wearing shorts and a t shirt. So I shopped around and decided on a Berretta Pico in 380. About the thinnest thing I could find. It is a double action six shot pistol. Impossible to fire without deliberately pulling the trigger. Get up in the morning put it in my pocket and go. I tested it a bit yesterday, and if you are careful you can hit a gallon can at ten yards.

IMG_8931.JPG
If you can hide that in the bubble wrap, its okay with me :whistle:
Olsen

Blaser R8 Proff Succes .308 win - 9,3x62

2 shots in the same hole is often luck......3 in the same hole is using Olsens shooting stick....

pagosawingnut
Global Moderator

Post by pagosawingnut »

As much as I hate looking sloppy, I now wear a t-shirt and an overshirt designed to be worn untucked so I can carry what ever I want to.
It doesn't matter what you shoot as long as you shoot
NRA Benefactor Member
SCI Life Member
USMC Life Member

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

If that was the case I'd have stub nose 38, if always had a soft spot for them even if there are better options out there.
But I wish most of all just to be allowed to carry something for self defence, in Australia it's illegal to carry anything for self defense, they want us to be victims over here, totally dependent on a toleration government for our safety and security, even though they prove time and again that they completely lack the will and the ability to do anything. :evil:

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Post by ebrownw2 »

So is the pro gun rights crowd just too small a
percentage of society to have enough influence or what?

shoots100

Post by shoots100 »

In hot climates, I use a REMORA holster.
Search it, you'll be able to carry a pistol you want to carry.

SJC

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

ebrownw2 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:14 pm So is the pro gun rights crowd just too small a
In Australia the stupidity and ignorance is strong, people have been trained not to be self reliant, it's never their fault and the government will always do whats good for us.
None of that is true, but if they say it enough then people start to drink the coolaide.

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

You have to remember it was a penal colony till 1868 in some states and the populace still likes to pride itself on petty criminality so long as the government will provide a roof over their head and give them food, in turn they are willing to perpetuate a police state telling them how to live and what they can do.
A complex mess of a culture

Pigeon
Pro Staff

Post by Pigeon »

SPEEDY wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:52 pm
ebrownw2 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:14 pm So is the pro gun rights crowd just too small a
In Australia the stupidity and ignorance is strong, people have been trained not to be self reliant, it's never their fault and the government will always do whats good for us.
None of that is true, but if they say it enough then people start to drink the coolaide.
same problem in Germany - stupid mess of ignorance here too...
life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
http://www.titanium-gunworks.com

Return to “Handguns”