What Handguns Do You Own

All handgun subjects may be discussed here. Sponsored by Canovi & Associates Survival Training.

Moderator: pagosawingnut

stokesrj

Re: What Handguns Do You Own

Post by stokesrj »

mjackson wrote:Sig P210
Manurhin MR-73 in .32 Long
Those are both "best of the best" class handguns.
Bob
Robert J Stokes

mjackson

Post by mjackson »

Thanks, I have spent quite a bit of time hunting for both. My wife says I spend more time hunting firearms than critters :naughty:

pagosawingnut
Global Moderator

Post by pagosawingnut »

Yes, I have also added several to my lacking collection in the past little bit.
Brand new in the box 6" Blued Colt Python. Unfired by the original owner. Also picked up, from him a
6 1/2" Smith and Wesson Model 29-2 that has been fired but mostly just admired.
H & K USP 45acp
H & K 9mm
Sig Sauer P320 in .40 S&W
And a Smith & Wesson .460 Performance center with a 14" barrel.
Life is good.
It doesn't matter what you shoot as long as you shoot
NRA Benefactor Member
SCI Life Member
USMC Life Member

gunnerjacky

Post by gunnerjacky »

I am planning to buy any Glock handgun. According to most reviews I think it is glock 42 is the best glock handgun so far, with better accuracy and grip.

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

pagosawingnut wrote:Yes, I have also added several to my lacking collection in the past little bit.
Brand new in the box 6" Blued Colt Python. Unfired by the original owner. Also picked up, from him a
6 1/2" Smith and Wesson Model 29-2 that has been fired but mostly just admired.
H & K USP 45acp
H & K 9mm
Sig Sauer P320 in .40 S&W
And a Smith & Wesson .460 Performance center with a 14" barrel.
Life is good.
When I die I will decline heaven and ask to go to the USA...
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

dchamp
Meister der jagd

Post by dchamp »

Post by gunnerjacky » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:59 pm

I am planning to buy any Glock handgun. According to most reviews I think it is glock 42 is the best glock handgun so far, with better accuracy and grip.
I have 10 Glocks (1-19,2-34's, 2-30's, 1-21, 2-21sf's 1-41 & 1-42) and the 42 is my least favorite. If this is your first Glock I would recommend stepping up to at least a compact Glock 19 in 9mm. I don't know if you have handled or shot one but from your post it doesn't sound like it. The Glock 42 is basically a little pocket pistol in .380. Being so small it is more difficult to grip properly and has a very short sight radius. I have a 42 and while I haven't put 1000 rounds through it yet, mine has the worst trigger of all my Glocks. Hopefully that improves with use.

I'm trying to talk you out of the 42 it's just that if this is your first Glock, in my experience, you might be happier with a bigger model......just say-in
I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. Galileo

The fact that Jellyfish have survived 650 million years, despite not having brains, gives hope to many people. sun-gazing.com

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

gunnerjacky wrote:I am planning to buy any Glock handgun. According to most reviews I think it is glock 42 is the best glock handgun so far, with better accuracy and grip.
Are you serious? I have a 42 it's a pocket pistol, not a serious defense gun, better than nothing, but not as effective as any number of other Glocks. I have five Glock 17s placed strategically around my house in quick access safes. My 42 is only for when I'm to lazy to dress fully.
Bob
Robert J Stokes

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

Here is my latest and greatest.
Robert J Stokes

dchamp
Meister der jagd

Post by dchamp »

I'm trying to talk you out of the 42 it's just that if this is your first Glock, in my experience, you might be happier with a bigger model......just say-in
Sorry typo ,I'm NOT trying to talk you out of buying a Glock 42........oh damn yes I am, if it's your first.
I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. Galileo

The fact that Jellyfish have survived 650 million years, despite not having brains, gives hope to many people. sun-gazing.com

gunnerjacky

Post by gunnerjacky »

I'm going for the looks. Size doesn't matter for me as for now. I think Glock 17 and 42 have decent style without compromising the accuracy and handling. Thank you for the suggestion.
To stokesrj - I loved the pictures of you gun.

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

gunnerjacky wrote:I'm going for the looks. Size doesn't matter for me as for now. I think Glock 17 and 42 have decent style without compromising the accuracy and handling. Thank you for the suggestion.
To stokesrj - I loved the pictures of you gun.
Thank you.
I think what both dchamp and I are trying to convey is that a full size Glock like the 17 is far superior to a compact gun like a 42. I have both the 17 and 42 but for totally different purposes and if I only had one it would be the 17 and it would win by a wide margin. The only reason I would compromise and use the 42 is to conceal it more easily. I've also shot the 43 which is only slightly bigger than the 42 and is chambered in 9mm. It is a nice gun also but for me I wan't either a full sized service pistol if I have enough clothes on to conceal it, or the smallest I can get and still shoot well. That is the roll of the 42.
Bob
Robert J Stokes

gunnerjacky

Post by gunnerjacky »

I've bought several Ruger handguns and now I'm going to buy Ruger LCR double action revolver. The reason behind myself purchasing it is its small size and ease of handling. I can take it as a concealed carry weapon too. It is light weight and beautifully designed.

Twinn

Post by Twinn »

Beretta 76 .22LR
CZ 85B Duetone 9x19

Blaserman

Post by Blaserman »

Browning High Power
Walther PPQ
Dan Wesson 445 Super Mag
Dan Wesson 357
Dan Wesson 41 pistol pack
sig 365
Kimber 45
EAA Com 38 super
Savage Suoer Striker 260 rem
XP 100 custom 6 XC
Xp 100 custom 338 federal
XP 100 custom 28 Nosler

Sigsako

Post by Sigsako »

Sold them all. Thanks to our highly regulated pistol requirements in Oz.
Sigsauer Mosquito 22lr
Ruger Charger 22lr
Beretta 92fs 9mm
CZ SP-01 Shadow - 9mm & 22lr.

Was fun at the time.

Return to “Handguns”