New Sig P229

All handgun subjects may be discussed here. Sponsored by Canovi & Associates Survival Training.

Moderator: pagosawingnut

AndyC148

New Sig P229

Post by AndyC148 »

Picked up a newer generation P229 last week chambered in 9mm with two 15 rnd mags. Can't say enough about how well Sigs fit my hands, I have several older Sig 220s, 226s and 229s, but this newer design fits even better than they do. I have three HK's, a P7M8, a P2000 and a P30L, all in 9mm. I like the P7 because of it's unique design, which forces you to grip it front to back in a straight line, but the other two give me trouble. Trouble in the sense that my trigger finger drags along the floor of the trigger guard and the trigger end curls up too high for my comfort. Understandably, everyone is built differently and this is just my personal likes and dislikes. Although, I think the HK's are great pistols, just not for me and will probably sell them for something else…"paging Dr. Roy, Dr. Alex Roy". :lol:

dinsdale
Meister der jagd

Re: New Sig P229

Post by dinsdale »

I have a couple Sigs and I still would like a 226....

Same here, they just feel right in the hand for me.

ROdell

Post by ROdell »

The 226 is a winner. I'd really like the 226 X-five. There's one at the LGS that's just beautiful.

The 229 is a real workhorse, too. Great firearms.

pagosawingnut
Global Moderator

Post by pagosawingnut »

Sig makes a quality firearm for sure. My favorite is their 1911 TacOps. Most accurate .45 out of the box that I have found and also one of the smoothest. But I like the trigger on a 1911 better than the double action types. Just can't get used to them
It doesn't matter what you shoot as long as you shoot
NRA Benefactor Member
SCI Life Member
USMC Life Member

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

Like my 229, but prefer my older 228. Not fired a newer 229, but am open minded on this.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

hkpsg1

Post by hkpsg1 »

Looking for a Mk25 desert, found a black one, but it just does not match my R93! ;)

Return to “Handguns”