Ruger Mark III Hunter

All handgun subjects may be discussed here. Sponsored by Canovi & Associates Survival Training.

Moderator: pagosawingnut

AndyC148

Ruger Mark III Hunter

Post by AndyC148 »

After almost 37 years of gun ownership I finally bought a Ruger semi-auto .22. It was one of those purchases on my endless bucket list. When I finally decided it was time to buy one, none of course were available. Stumbled in a gun shop in my old neighborhood for kicks and they had three models that just came in, so I grabbed the Hunter. I'm looking forward to some fun plinking since the only other .22 auto pistols I have are a pair of S&W model 41's I've used in bullseye league shooting and only shoot target loads with them. All in all, after moving out to the country from the suburbs, I've found that .22 rimfires are the most handy to have around.

boyscout

Re: Ruger Mark III Hunter

Post by boyscout »

Your going to love it. Really fun to shoot. Although compared to your 41's it quite a dog. I pine for one of those.

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

Compared to your 41's you will hate the trigger. I shoot one but had to upgrade the trigger, it was atrocious, putting a Volquartsen kit in it reall helped.
Bob
Robert J Stokes

ROdell

Post by ROdell »

I loved shooting my Ruger Mark II, but the takedown required a rubber hammer. I switched to a Buckmark.

I have always wanted a '41.

Dom

Post by Dom »

I have an old Ruger Mk I or II, believe from the 80's, that I have shot quite a bit. Did put the Volquartsen trigger in, but after a few years use it started jamming just this year. Had to take it out and reinstall the original trigger as the linkage was binding and was the problem - would not eject fully.

It is a fun little 22 plinker to have fun with :)
-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom --------------

AndyC148

Post by AndyC148 »

ROdell wrote: I switched to a Buckmark.
My wife bought a Buckmark just before I bought the Ruger, so we should have some real fun between the two of them. Unfortunately, our state doesn't allow small-game hunting with handguns or we'd have even more excuses to be in the woods.

ROdell

Post by ROdell »

AndyC148 wrote:
ROdell wrote: I switched to a Buckmark.
My wife bought a Buckmark just before I bought the Ruger, so we should have some real fun between the two of them. Unfortunately, our state doesn't allow small-game hunting with handguns or we'd have even more excuses to be in the woods.
That's just terrible. Even NY allows it!

AndyC148

Post by AndyC148 »

Yep, even trappers have to use .22 shorts via rifles only in order to dispatch critters here in NJ. We have a couple of youth-sized .22 rifles for this. But, our goal is to get outta here in 2 1/2 yrs, then our grandkids can have the youth rifles.

Return to “Handguns”