New toys for my collection

All handgun subjects may be discussed here. Sponsored by Canovi & Associates Survival Training.

Moderator: pagosawingnut

pagosawingnut
Global Moderator

New toys for my collection

Post by pagosawingnut »

Picked up a couple of new toys over the weekend. The top one is a 98% clean S & W 29-2, .44 mag and the bottom one is a NIB, never been fired by the original owner 1976 Colt Python.Image
It doesn't matter what you shoot as long as you shoot
NRA Benefactor Member
SCI Life Member
USMC Life Member

stokesrj

Re: New toys for my collection

Post by stokesrj »

Very Nice
Robert J Stokes

skeetshot

Post by skeetshot »

Despite all those tens of thousands on new revolvers that have come out since, the Colt Python still retains that sense of elegance and design which I find most attractive

AndyC148

Post by AndyC148 »

Both nice revolvers! Funny though, back in 1976 I was only 18 and the legal age for purchasing a handgun was 21. I asked my Dad if he'd buy a 6" Python for me, he thought I was nuts for wanting to spend $350. on a gun! Pythons do have sex appeal and they shoot pretty good too.

pagosawingnut
Global Moderator

Post by pagosawingnut »

As much as I'd love to shoot this Python, it is too clean and probably would decrease the value. I basically stole it. Gave 1800 for the pair. I'll make it up to him. He wants my Barrett 82A1 and I'll give him a break on it.
NRA Benefactor Member
SCI Life Member
USMC Life Member

longrider
Meister der jagd

Post by longrider »

pagosawingnut wrote:As much as I'd love to shoot this Python, it is too clean and probably would decrease the value. I basically stole it. Gave 1800 for the pair. I'll make it up to him. He wants my Barrett 82A1 and I'll give him a break on it.

Grand Larceny

Actually, very, very nice!
Brad

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

pagosawingnut wrote:As much as I'd love to shoot this Python, it is too clean and probably would decrease the value. I basically stole it. Gave 1800 for the pair. I'll make it up to him. He wants my Barrett 82A1 and I'll give him a break on it.
Being the gentleman and scholar that you are we know you will take care of him. :mrgreen:

Had a few Pythons over the years with the first being a factory nickel that I carried as a duty gun for probably 5-6 years. Had a 2 1/2" model that was factory nickel and super accurate. Beautiful gun that I lost to pay bills during my first marriage. Losing that gun was painful to say the least. They were great guns. Not much you can say about the 29 other than a fine gun on it's own. Had a few of them over the years too. Every one of them shot great. You done good. :dance:

pagosawingnut
Global Moderator

Post by pagosawingnut »

Got 7 of the 29's. Love em. put over 20,000 rounds through the first one I bought in '77. Killed an aoudad at 75 yards on the run, a mule deer doe at 172 yards, (with a witness and a rangefinder). Both were one shot kills. Love my 29's. Don't like the .357 but the Python, Ohhhhhh dammmmmn is that a sexy pistol. They will be part of my retirement. Or my wife will sell them when I die.
NRA Benefactor Member
SCI Life Member
USMC Life Member

Return to “Handguns”