F16 blaserbud's ultra quick review

A place to discuss the gentlemans' sport of shotguns. Sponsored by Great Lakes Sporting Arms.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag, Vaughan

Oscar
Meister der jagd

F16 blaserbud's ultra quick review

Post by Oscar »

Had a chance to use the new F16 at a sim field shoot today and was impressed with what I saw.

The best way to describe it is that it is deceiving in looks. It looked small but had a full size stock and 32 in barrels. Was light but neutrally weighted and swings well. It also shot flat with a legitimate 50/50 spread above and below the bead. The ejectors are gentle jumping out just into your hand and not fire several feet away..I'm not a fan of overly strong ejectors, maybe because I'm a range officer and have to pick up shells that people have ejected all over the place!

Four shots is not a good test but from what I saw and felt, it's something I would be happy to use. In fact, I get the impression that you could buy this gun and use it for the rest of your life and be happy all that time.

It's not in the F3 class and would suggest some addition weight would be useful for extended shoots but as an all rounder

SPEEDY

Re: F16 blaserbud's ultra quick review

Post by SPEEDY »

Sounds like a good hunting gun.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

The critical part of the review; where does it sit in the current market? What model Beretta is it competitively priced against?

Oscar
Meister der jagd

Post by Oscar »

Brett a 692 I believe?

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

So well up above a Miroku mk10 unless you get the flashy timber :think:
On that note, how was the stock?

Oscar
Meister der jagd

Post by Oscar »

Dark, but well designed. The palm swell and cheek fit was superb.......it was a temptation I can tell you!

Chromix

Post by Chromix »

I purchased an F3 about a year ago and my sons got the F16 not too long after , we both sent the shotguns to be vapor fitted and both needed the exact same adjustment so i had the opportunity to try them both, i agree the F16 is lighter and has a bit more punch, they both swing very well and both stock are really comfortable but the knurling on the F16 is a bit aggressive, the gunsmith that did the fitting told me they might look the same but internally they are not, hence the difference in price, as for the fitting mine react very well but the F16 had 2 micro crack about 1.5 inch in length and .375 parallel to each other inside the palm at the drying stage but it didn't reach any extremity so with a little bit of sanding, epoxy and re-varnish it doesn't show anymore, i guess its a risk you have to take but i cannot put the blame on anybody

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

Thanks Oscar, sounds like it would be a good field gun.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

I'm in the market for a gun and thinking F16. Unfortunately haven't even seen one let alone held one. Does anyone have anything further to add to this tread ? Looking for any feedback from owners ?

Thanks Rod

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Today I spent 50 minutes at Mialls and about 25 minutes of that was handling three F16. One was a sporter and 30" it fitted me like a glove. It was beautiful. Palm swell and sighting was just perfect for me. I had my beretta SP down there to get a sling put on it so I was able to compare the two. The sporter was just another class compared to the beretta. Then I got to hold one 30" field and a 28" field. Unfortunately both the fields were left handed with the palm swell on the wrong side however the weight as about 3kg and LOP was perfect for me.

The wood was either class 4 or 5 on both shotguns. The receiver is plane jane but quietly understated like my K95 and I'm warming to the black understatement look. The decision was hard, hang around another 15 minutes until they found a right hand field in 28" and burn the credit card, or wait until my beretta comes back before I make any rash decisions. So I decided to leave and think about it. I can say they really feel like a quality shotgun that will be used, not motty coddled in the safe or range.

On another note, there was the silver BD14 crying out for its owner and a new BB97 luxus also looking for a new owner along sided a K95 stutzen in 308.

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

Wow, sounds nice Chuck.
Was the black BD14 there, I thought they had two?
How much were the left hand F16's?

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Didnt see the black. F16 was $4995 with three chokes and upgraded wood. Extra chokes $60.

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

mchughcb wrote:Didnt see the black. F16 was $4995 with three chokes and upgraded wood. Extra chokes $60.
Thankyou Chuck.

Af300e

Post by Af300e »

I shot a round at the Albury f and g nationals with an f16.
It’s beautifully proportioned, points more like a beretta 686 than a Miroku mk70 or mk10.
Very very nice thing.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

They wanted to give me a catalogue but said they gave them all away at the nationals.

Return to “Shotguns”