Kids and shotguns

A place to discuss the gentlemans' sport of shotguns. Sponsored by Great Lakes Sporting Arms.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag, Vaughan

Trakehner

Kids and shotguns

Post by Trakehner »

I like to introduce kids to shotguns and clay pigeons. I’ve been impressed by just how good they can be. One friend’s daughter decided he liked 12 gauge the best. I brought out 5 semi-autos...her choice, the Ithaca. At 13, she’s deadly with it. Her 11 yo brother loves my 410 sxs, and really likes his Camo mossberg 20 ga. Pump. It’s fun to share with good kids...plus, makes more room in the safe.

SPEEDY

Re: Kids and shotguns

Post by SPEEDY »

I was shooting my pops old SxS when I was 8 years old, I still have that gun.

Bloody he'll, my pop owned it for 50 years, he bought it in 1954, I just realized that I've been shooting it for almost 32 years.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Trakehner

Post by Trakehner »

Kinda’ sneaks up on you...what’s bad is when you catch yourself thinking, “jeeze, I’ve got boots older than he is”

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

When I reflect back, I should have started with a 20G if ammo was more plentiful.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Trakehner wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:07 pm Kinda’ sneaks up on you...what’s bad is when you catch yourself thinking, “jeeze, I’ve got boots older than he is”
Or when one of the young apprentices at work started getting lippy and telling us how to do our job, I told him "what the F do you know, I've got pubic hair older then you, seen a lot more too." :lol:
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Return to “Shotguns”