Thoughts on a Shotkam ?

A place to discuss the gentlemans' sport of shotguns. Sponsored by Great Lakes Sporting Arms.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag, Vaughan

mchughcb

Re: Thoughts on a Shotkam ?

Post by mchughcb »

Just wondering if the cops should put shotkam on their rifles and shotguns. I think they would have be picture when they present evidence to why they shot Michael Forest Reinoehl dead.

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

mchughcb wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:36 pm Just wondering if the cops should put shotkam on their rifles and shotguns. I think they would have be picture when they present evidence to why they shot Michael Forest Reinoehl dead.
Probably a waste of money :whistle: :whistle: now if they had missed him, weren't sure why ...and didn't want to repeat that mistake...then I'm sure it would be money well spent :whistle:

Cheers
Rod

:dance: just tracked my order and it's sitting in Sydney :clap: :clap: expected delivery is tomorrow :dance: :dance:

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

mchughcb wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:36 pm Just wondering if the cops should put shotkam on their rifles and shotguns. I think they would have be picture when they present evidence to why they shot Michael Forest Reinoehl dead.
Being that he executed an unarmed man from all accounts anyway I tend to think he knew that he'd be spending the rest of his life in a prison cell and decided to go out in a 'blaze of glory'. Saved the taxpayers a hefty chunk and ridded the world of one more POS. His comments on Facebook about it being a war and that people were going to die turned out to be at least partly right. It's hardly a 'war' but there have been some fatalities that will indeed make the world a better place. I noted the other day that with all the emphasis on body cams that the Feds aren't required to have them and it seems the US Marshall's Task Force agents encounter gun play quite often in which the offender dies..... a win-win situation. The few losers who've bitten the dust hardly make a dent in the number of officers that have died or been hurt by these lowlifes but at least they aren't without some losses.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Yes I found his rants quite bizarre.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

It's OK, he was white and it's OK to take white lives so there will be no outrage about it.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

It’s here. 5 and a bit days after ordering it 👍 not bad for half way around the world.
B69902A3-59F6-418C-95DA-D01308767944.jpeg
Now I have to work out how to use this thing 😂
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Its pretty easy.

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

Yep, appears that way. All zeroed and ready to try 👍
044CF9D0-F981-4711-BFCC-A141AE8A0671.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

Easier than posting photos 🙈🙈

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Normally i try to get the lens 10cm from the muzzle as per the recommendations.

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

mchughcb wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:15 am Normally i try to get the lens 10cm from the muzzle as per the recommendations.
Thanks . My comprehension mustn't be too good. I'd better read the instructions again.

Rod

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

I just had my second shotkam repaired again. The battery was only lasting 15 minutes whereas they normally last 45 minutes without the sleep mode. I sent it back express and they had it repaired that day and expressed back to me so total time was just under 2 weeks turn around from Florida so not bad. They repaired it for free given the 12 months of the battery and they gave me a free lifesaver.

I also purchased the new QD type mount for the 12 gauge o/u and it fits quite well. If I want to swap between my 12G it is now very quick. Even other guns I might borrow its very quick.

PRO-R8

Post by PRO-R8 »

I like mine for all types of hunting.
PRO R-8

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

The new Gen 4 was released this year. With 4X the battery life, 4K and 8X zoom I"ll be getting one.

Return to “Shotguns”