Anyone using the Blaser F3 Game/Field?

A place to discuss the gentlemans' sport of shotguns. Sponsored by Great Lakes Sporting Arms.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag, Vaughan

Lumberjack

Anyone using the Blaser F3 Game/Field?

Post by Lumberjack »

I was looking into buying a Blaser F3 for hunting. However, the current models all felt too heavy for a game gun.
I know they used to have an ”F3 Field” model in the range, at least up until the launch of the F16. (Called ”F3 Game” in Europe I believe).
It had lighter weight barrels in 28” or 29.1/8” lengths. It also came without the barrel and stock balancer systems. Apparently at least 1+ lbs lighter over current Vantage and Prof models.

Anyone have experience with this one and could share their thoughts? How do you perceive it’s balance, neutral or with a light front end? Would you say it’s a fast moving gun vs. the typical sporter gun?
I know, it’s personal taste, physics, shooting style etc. It would require some effort to track one of these down, not many available locally, and would like to get an idea of what to expect.

Thanks

Gamsjagd
Meister der jagd

Re: Anyone using the Blaser F3 Game/Field?

Post by Gamsjagd »

I remember the F3 Game.

I went to a Blaser demo day for the F16. They had an F3 there, and I asked to shoot it and they were pushing the F16 so that is what I shot. Broke 18 out of 25 on five stand with it.

The little German guy that works for Blaser, I think his name was Marco. Anyway he was telling me the F3 game was not going to be made anymore. This was 2017 or 2018.

I do not see the advantage of a F3 in the field.

21L

Post by 21L »

I have one a really like it in the field. 7# 2oz in game configuration. If you want sell yours, or any barrels, let me know.

Lumberjack

Post by Lumberjack »

Gamsjagd wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:11 am I remember the F3 Game.

I went to a Blaser demo day for the F16. They had an F3 there, and I asked to shoot it and they were pushing the F16 so that is what I shot. Broke 18 out of 25 on five stand with it.

The little German guy that works for Blaser, I think his name was Marco. Anyway he was telling me the F3 game was not going to be made anymore. This was 2017 or 2018.

I do not see the advantage of a F3 in the field.
Ok thanks, have you shot the F3? Any comparisons to the F16? (F16 game?)

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

I own an F16 Sporting with 30 inch barrels. I've put about 40,000 cartridges through her on sporting clays over about 3 to 4 years. No issues yet. At the club where I shoot there is a member with 2 x F3's and 1 (top of the line) x F16. I'm pretty sure all of his guns are 30" barrels. I have shot both of his F3's (probably a 100 odd rounds through both) One has a high rib and adjustable stock and the other is a very fancy, top of the line sporting model. The F3's feel heavier to me. But I'm still a very average shot with any of the guns :lol: however, I'm seriously considering buying an F3 and keeping the F16 purely for game shooting.

With the benefit of hind sight I would have bought an F3 instead of the F16. I'm happy with the F16 ...however for sporting clays and the number of cartridges I'm putting down range I feel :shifty: that the F3 would have been a better choice for me.

Rod

Return to “Shotguns”