Browning B325

A place to discuss the gentlemans' sport of shotguns. Sponsored by Great Lakes Sporting Arms.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag, Vaughan

Vaughan

Browning B325

Post by Vaughan »

Not a Blaser, I know, but I'm still sniffing around after a 20g to pair with my old Browning/FN B25. Finally found a 20g B25 for sale but at the equivalent of $10k US it is a bit out of my price range, especially since I want to replace my 4x4.

I did find a fairly cheap B325 20g, which I guess is an early Citori model? Any of you fellows had experience with one of these by any chance? This one has a nice English stock, which suits me since I shoot left shouldered, and seems to be in generally good condition. And I want to hunt with it in rough country so it does not need to be fancy just a damn solid gun like the old B25 12g I have.
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

skeetshot

Re: Browning B325

Post by skeetshot »

I won my first National Championship in Skeet with a 12 gauge Browning 325. One of the better designed Brownings, and an improvement over the earlier Citori models, these were built in Portugal and featured two separate barrels with integrated chambers welded together.
Later on, when Browning came out with the 425 (and later series), they shifted to a monoblock system as this was too expensive to manufacture and also shifted manufacturing back to Japan.

The 325 is built like a vault and after firing well over 150,000 rounds through mine, its action is still tight and the triggers crisp as when new.

The barrels featured overbored, chrome lining and extended forcing cones reducing recoil and improving patterns.

Unlike various Berettas and Perazzis I have had, the 325 has been entirely trouble free, and the Browning ejector system is superior to anything i have seen on the Italian competition guns.

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Thanks Skeetshot, that is really good information. I had wanted to find a Belgian made FN 20g because my 1960s vintage 12g is still rock solid but I just can't find one I can afford, the B325 sounds like a very acceptable substitute.
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Skeetshot,
I finally got my license etc and picked up that B325 a couple of weeks ago. It was made in '91 and seems to have been a safe queen. Very nice wood and still has a tight action. Now I just have to hope we get a good willow grouse season this fall..... :-)
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

Great to hear the police lady decided to let you have another licence. You are such a stud!
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Corjack wrote:Great to hear the police lady decided to let you have another licence. You are such a stud!
I wish.... It was more a matter of begging and wimpering..... :oops: :lol: Worth it though, it's a little beauty.
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

Ok Hunter
Meister der jagd

Post by Ok Hunter »

skeetshot wrote:I won my first National Championship in Skeet with a 12 gauge Browning 325. One of the better designed Brownings, and an improvement over the earlier Citori models, these were built in Portugal and featured two separate barrels with integrated chambers welded together.
Later on, when Browning came out with the 425 (and later series), they shifted to a monoblock system as this was too expensive to manufacture and also shifted manufacturing back to Japan.

The 325 is built like a vault and after firing well over 150,000 rounds through mine, its action is still tight and the triggers crisp as when new.

The barrels featured overbored, chrome lining and extended forcing cones reducing recoil and improving patterns.

Unlike various Berettas and Perazzis I have had, the 325 has been entirely trouble free, and the Browning ejector system is superior to anything i have seen on the Italian competition guns.
Excellent information. Thanks for sharing that and congratulations on your championships.
Shoot low sheriff, they're riding shetlands.

skeetshot

Post by skeetshot »

Vaughan wrote:Skeetshot,
I finally got my license etc and picked up that B325 a couple of weeks ago. It was made in '91 and seems to have been a safe queen. Very nice wood and still has a tight action. Now I just have to hope we get a good willow grouse season this fall..... :-)

No 7, 28 grams is the ticket :)

skeetshot

Post by skeetshot »

Ok Hunter wrote:
skeetshot wrote: . . . .
Excellent information. Thanks for sharing that and congratulations on your championships.
;) ;) ;)

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

skeetshot wrote:
Ok Hunter wrote:
skeetshot wrote: . . . .
;) ;) ;)

We certainly have our share of talented gun slingers around here. Quite an amazing group when you think about it. I do believe though that Skeetshot is our only National Champion Skeet shooter. Multiple times from what I recall hearing once. :clap: :clap:

Return to “Shotguns”