Patternmaster chokes

A place to discuss the gentlemans' sport of shotguns. Sponsored by Great Lakes Sporting Arms.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag, Vaughan

Vaughan

Patternmaster chokes

Post by Vaughan »

Any of you folks got much experience with Patternmaster chokes? I use Brileys in my 20ga and managed to take willow and black grouse often enough last season to think they work better than I can shoot (not a big challenge) - but I am curious just the same....
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

Craig

Re: Patternmaster chokes

Post by Craig »

Hello Vaughan.
I used a long range ported Pattermaster choke in my Benelli SBE for geese and I am under the same impression as you with your Briley chokes. My buddy also uses a Patternmaster choke for geese and I have witnessed some pretty impressive far off hits of his in the past and we still talk about them today.

Craig

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Thanks Craig. I bought a pair of their short-range chokes but today had to send 'em back. The collar was too thick/large in diameter and I couldn't screw them both into my bbls. The nice folk at Patternmaster offered to turn them down a little to fit but then they would be bare metal and I decided to just return them. Pity, I was quite curious....
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I asked the same question before last goose season, general consensus was they weren't that special.
Now I'm curious again.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Return to “Shotguns”