Interesting shotgun from Akkar

A place to discuss the gentlemans' sport of shotguns. Sponsored by Great Lakes Sporting Arms.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag, Vaughan

SPEEDY

Interesting shotgun from Akkar

Post by SPEEDY »

Akkar have bought out a new U/O slug shotgun, Fabarm make the nicest I have seen but if your after a double for a shotgun season at a good price or in a shotgun hunting area then it's probably a good option.

http://akkar.com.tr/en/churchill-205-sl ... l#xt-tab-4

I just find it interesting that a Turkish gun maker had the interest and actually made a classic style double slug gun.
I think the blend of innovation and classic design from the new crop of Turkish gun makers is going to make for an interesting future from them, once their quality of finish gets better, good engraving, good timber and hand finishing then they will start producing some really world class products.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

blaserguy
Meister der jagd

Re: Interesting shotgun from Akkar

Post by blaserguy »

I have a couple of Sabatti S/S shotguns that have a fold up blade rest sight sbd bead front site. One is 18-1/2" and 24" barrels. They are very light but shoot slugs great. I use them on some Corps of engineer hunting land that only allows shotguns with slugs. No buckshot (that I do not understand ) or rifles.
I also use it during dove season on the farm if I want a light gun to tote and if I see a hog I just drop in slugs
These types of guns are more useful than you would think and I see why the old paradox guns existed

chalky
Meister der jagd

Re: Interesting shotgun from Akkar

Post by chalky »

Always thought that a shotgun shooting slugs would be a good idea on a driven shoot considering the reduced ranges that you tend to be shooting at.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Return to “Shotguns”