Dickinson Shotguns

A place to discuss the gentlemans' sport of shotguns. Sponsored by Great Lakes Sporting Arms.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag, Vaughan

mchughcb

Re: Dickinson Shotguns

Post by mchughcb »

Feels nice and light, like my K95. Hopefully I'll get some video of me hunting with it in the next month or so. The 26" barrels are keeping the handling fast for sure. Certainly a step up in quality compared to the other Turkish sxs and o/u I've handled over the last 12 months. It did remind me of a nice CZ 20g redneck which was almost double the price.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

SPEEDY wrote:Very nice gun, I do think the gold name looks a little forced, but the rest of the gun is just so beautiful.
Should come out nice in the videos via earmuff cam when I get it up and running. It handles way nicer than the few AyA I played with too.

chalky
Meister der jagd

Post by chalky »

I really like the feel and look of a s x s unfortunately I can't shoot them for love nor money so have to stick with the o/u

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

I had never even herd of this brand, which is why I confused it with the Dickson's brand. However, I did get a chance to examine a few at the IWA. My impressions are that they are very good compared to most otherTurkish offerings, yet less well fitted and manufactured than Spanish clones of English doubles, like AYA. Probably a good value from a utilitarian standpoint, yet lacking joy.
Robert J Stokes

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Thanks Bob. I understand they are an american company with manufacturing outsourced to turkey. Yes they are a cut above the other turkish brands but i can only compare to second hand AyA box locks and to my eye they weren't too bad.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Well looks like almost all of Melbourne is out of shot size greater than No4. I had quotes from $95 to $200 for a slab of No8 target ammo so it pays to shop around. One supplier tells me next week he has BBs coming in so I'll have to hoard up for this years fox season.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

If anybody is thinking about a cheap, new sxs 20g then these are hard to beat. I've put 2 boxes through it and apart from one misfire on the left barrel its worked flawless. The only issue is that the gloss finish doesn't need much to mark it, so I know after a while its going to get plenty of dings being used each week but its a real joy to carry only 2.8kg in one hand and the 20g 1oz loads aren't any stress on the shoulder even without a recoil pad like I've got on my 12Gs. I'll try and get some video of me smoking some foxes with it this year now I've got a few packets of BBs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Shotguns”