Verney-Carron Veloce?

A place to discuss the gentlemans' sport of shotguns. Sponsored by Great Lakes Sporting Arms.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag, Vaughan

SPEEDY

Re: Verney-Carron Veloce?

Post by SPEEDY »

It adjustable from right hand to left, I figure I've a long enough thumb I can set it up left handed and use it right handed.
Either way it stays right hand eject.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

TheoR8 wrote:Yeah, nah had a play with one the other day and not as easy to use as seen on the youtube video, I had to tilt it a bit to cock it, I predict this will be the next Browning maral re: usedguns lol :lol:. When the 12g model hits ours shores I will have another look at it, but it won't be as fast as some may think, that's why I'm guessing it got approved for Australian conditions. One thing for sure it is very light to carry, horses for courses I guess. :handgestures-thumbup:

P.S Just had a look at the youtube clip again, what it doesn't show is you have to push the lever all the way down.
It didn't take long. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :handgestures-thumbup:

https://www.usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=111382

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

When they get down to a grand I might get one in 30-06.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Still too damn ugly for my taste.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

RoyD

Post by RoyD »

That sure is an interesting work around for some countries' laws. I thought of an idea like this a few years ago; bit being allowed to own pump and semiautomatics, i figured there was no point to it. I completely skipped over the fact that most countries dont allow for pumps or semi automatics.

AxP

Post by AxP »

In most European countries the semi-automatic hunting weapons (for civilian use) are required to have a magazine limited to a maximum two cartridges. The trick ideea is this Veloce, acording the law is not semi-automatic, and that has a magazine of 5 cartridges and the operation speed is close to semi-automatic weapons.
Hunting toys: Blaser R8, 9.3x62, .308Win, 6.5x55SE, Benelli Montefeltro 12Ga

Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

Hi I'm a new user, but I felt strong about this topic to join the discussion
I had the gun for 12 months found it shoots brilliantly hardly any recoil in 3006 due to their compensator. chick plate is wonderful adding and ability to replace and customer adjust perfectly and shoot targets repeatedly at 500 m range.
that said there are some bad points
putting the scope this was there job and a half few other minor things had to go back for gunsmith to repair under warranty pins coming out there should have been made a screw,not a pin in the reload gas back mechanics
Can send the pictures if anyone wants to look.
removing sites because of the large objective of the scope it wasn't easy in fact they found it's impossible to do
for the accuracy and ease of use I'll give it 9 out of 10 but flimsiness not well built for amount of money paying for it I'll probably give it 3 maybe 1

Return to “Shotguns”