Shotkam 2018 vs Sony FDR X3000 vs Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ70

A place to discuss the gentlemans' sport of shotguns. Sponsored by Great Lakes Sporting Arms.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag, Vaughan

mchughcb

Shotkam 2018 vs Sony FDR X3000 vs Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ70

Post by mchughcb »

I thought some people might be interested in this.

The ShotKam 2018 seems to give quite a good picture but the recoil of my 42gr field loads in my field gun is causing too much rise. I will probably change down to a more sedate field load so I can keep the target in picture and not injury myself :lol:

[bbvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/cmWHk-F9iLs[/bbvideo]

SPEEDY

Re: Shotkam 2018 vs Sony FDR X3000 vs Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ70

Post by SPEEDY »

Thst shotcam is good, just a shame there isn't a rifle or scope mounted option.
The 20 gauge mount works perfectly on my Semi weight barrels, I haven’t tried it on my fluted match or standard profile barrels yet to see if it will work or can easily be adapted.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

SPEEDY wrote:Thst shotcam is good, just a shame there isn't a rifle or scope mounted option.
I think you will find there is. Its just a rubber mounted clamp with three allen heads. Might take a bit of mucking about but I'm sure you could rig up something. Especially if you are only shooting light recoil. I might put mine on the 416 Remington later this year.

slugslinger

Post by slugslinger »

mchughcb wrote:Especially if you are only shooting light recoil. I might put mine on the 416 Remington later this year.

Wow! Did you just imply that you think a 416 Remington has light recoil? I'm very impressed - they must grow some tough dudes in Australia! :o

Regards,
NRA Patriot Life Endowment Member
USAF Veteran

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

I’ve found that with even heavy recoiling rounds if shot offhand recoil can be controlled to keep the target in the frame if you have the mindset of keeping the gun on the game as you follow through with the shot.
Robert J Stokes

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Thanks Bob. Ill be trying various rounds in the next few weeks and ill keep in mind.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

slugslinger wrote:
mchughcb wrote:Especially if you are only shooting light recoil. I might put mine on the 416 Remington later this year.

Wow! Did you just imply that you think a 416 Remington has light recoil? I'm very impressed - they must grow some tough dudes in Australia! :o

Regards,
No I was implying light recoil in field shotguns somewhere between 22-26flb or less of recoil energy rather than the 39 I subject myself to normally.

With regards to the 416 Rem yet it kicks in my little gun for me and my guess is you won't see much of a picture after I fire but you will probably see what I'm aiming at about 2 seconds before it goes bang.

Return to “Shotguns”