ELOS AL TRAQUEUR?

A place to discuss the gentlemans' sport of shotguns. Sponsored by Great Lakes Sporting Arms.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag, Vaughan

SPEEDY

ELOS AL TRAQUEUR?

Post by SPEEDY »

Some people may wonder why I bothered putting a scope on a knock around Baikal SxS, well here's the thing.
I have been wanting to test the idea of shooting a shotgun with a scope on and how it would affect shooting shot at moving game.
Well that seems to work, so onto the next step that being doing the same with a quality gun and I've had my eye on a Fabarm Elos AL Traqueur for a while.
det_ELOS_AL_TRAQUEUR.png
I was tossing up between a Drilling and a slug gun similar in idea to a Paradox gun. I've come to the conclusion that for a stand a Drilling is best but for the hunting that I do a gun that is accurate to 100m and will shoot lead and steel shot would suit me best.
Now the Elos AL Traqueur ticks all my boxes apart from one thing, fixed cyl chokes, that would do for most but screw in chokes would make it useable in more situations.

So if you read through all that then let's open the floor to my actual question, if I was to buy one and then have chokes fitted, do you think it would mess up the guns regulation with slugs?
It would be pointless buying one and doing that if it was no longer accurate with slugs, and they are supposed to be pretty good.

http://www.fabarm.com/web_eng/dettaglio ... o.asp?i=72
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

stokesrj

Re: ELOS AL TRAQUEUR?

Post by stokesrj »

If you examine a few over and under shotguns with screw in chokes your will see that they swage the barrels to a larger diameter to accept the chokes. since this one has a solid rib between the barrels it would not be possible to do so. The alternative is to use a thinner choke tube, there are ones made for just such applications, but they are so thin that steel shot will damage them. So my advice would be to use this one exclusively as a slug gun or very close range shotgun and not try to make it into something it is not.
Robert J Stokes

MM
Meister der jagd

Post by MM »

Only put the screw in choke in one barrel leave the other alone

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I priced one at my local today and I was quite surprised at it, only $2800 and they could get one in the Christmas shipment.
They are seeing if I can get a second set of 26"-28" barrels with screw in chokes, will probably add another $1000 or so but it would make it a great gun then.

Well if Federal ever bring out regular lead shot with their FliteControl wad then I could probably get by with the cylinder chokes.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Cz combo gun is far more versatile.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Bar a drilling, you don't get much better than this.

Slugs, shot and rifle

[BBvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/bfyfLvp6QqA[/BBvideo]

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

What about this model? http://www.fabarm.fr/les_details_du_produit.php?id=167 Or is it no longer made or not available outside of Europe?

A late mate replaced his handed in Rem 870 with a Fabarm with one (what I recall as a) fully rifled barrel and one half choked barrel and used to carry it for goats and pigs at close range, as well as rabbits foxes etc with the smoothbore.

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Doesn't have the same class, and it's not as versatile as having both barrels able to shoot both shot and RB.
I'd have preferred a SxS but this has been calling to me, I also kept coming back to a combination gun either BBC but I dont like the split barrels or the rubber insert, the New CZ combination gun looks better to me but the one rifle and one shotgun barrel is a little limited to me.

The beauty of the slug shotgun is it is both a double rifle and a shot gun, but it can also be a combination gun just depending on what shell's you put in it.

Return to “Shotguns”