Australian Group Buy For 20G 3" Magnum Loads

A place to discuss the gentlemans' sport of shotguns. Sponsored by Great Lakes Sporting Arms.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag, Vaughan

mchughcb

Australian Group Buy For 20G 3" Magnum Loads

Post by mchughcb »

If anybody is interested I have received word from the importer of Italian NSI today that they will import some 20 Gauge 76mm , 36 gram, lead, large shot sizes for me. I'm looking at #3/0 which is 4.3mm. I don't have any prices just yet but I was quoted $125 for a slab of their 20 Gauge 70mm with a #0 shot size. Which is outstanding value compared to what I have paid for the Spanish GB #BB at $170 for a slab. I will be using this primarily for foxes and small ground game and it will put the performance of the 20G right up there with a standard 12 Gauge Winchester Super X 36gram BB load.

If you are interested in this cartridge and/or another size else let me know via PM as I'd say I'd ask around who else would be interested.

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Re: Australian Group Buy For 20G 3" Magnum Loads

Post by secondtry »

mchughcb wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:37 am If anybody is interested I have received word from the importer of Italian NSI today that they will import some 20 Gauge 76mm , 36 gram, lead, large shot sizes for me. I'm looking at #3/0 which is 4.3mm. I don't have any prices just yet but I was quoted $125 for a slab of their 20 Gauge 70mm with a #0 shot size. Which is outstanding value compared to what I have paid for the Spanish GB #BB at $170 for a slab. I will be using this primarily for foxes and small ground game and it will put the performance of the 20G right up there with a standard 12 Gauge Winchester Super X 36gram BB load.

If you are interested in this cartridge and/or another size else let me know via PM as I'd say I'd ask around who else would be interested.
This definitely makes a 20g in the BBF a goer in Australia. Lack of fox suitable loads in 20G is why I went 12g for my BBF.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

The current GB 30gram load in #00 or 4.57mm is lethal alright with tight chokes. If i get a chance tomorrow ill do some patterning.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Well i don't know what has happened with the supplier so I'll have to call back when i get back to Melbourne. In the meantime i have been using the 31gr #0 3.9mm in the triple crown and they are shooting well. Ive pulled of some longish shots past 50 yards and they have been lethal with the IM choke. For only $125 per 250 that makes them probably best value fox and bigger 20g hunting load in Melbourne.

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

Is it Danny from Rhinosport?? :handgestures-thumbup:

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

No Renee.

Return to “Shotguns”