Dies you cannot live without...

This forum is for discussion of all reloading-related topics. Sponsored by Shooting Shed-UK

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, Vaughan, stokesrj

9.3x64
Meister der jagd
kuchnie na wymiar kraków nowoczesnekuchnie

Dies you cannot live without...

Post by 9.3x64 »

What dies have you purchased over the years that have actually make your reloading life much easier.
I personally have three...

1/ Redding de-capping dies, large and small. These are great for just popping the primers before tumbling so the primer pockets come out perfectly clean.

2/ RCBS bullet pulling die, with collets from 22 to 500. I still have the old kinetic puller on hand, but the beauty of the RCBS collet puller is that I can pull bullets quietly. Previously when using my kinetic puller the banging noise would set off every dog in the neighbourhood, and I would be abused by the “lady couple” next door. With the RCBS puller I can use it anytime.

3/ RCBS 22 Hornet Competition seating die. I was first recommended this die by Dom on this forum. It’s a game changer when trying to seat those tiny little Hornet projectiles. Basically it has a little window that you drop the projectiles into, and the die aligns them perfectly without having to touch them.

So, what dies have you guys found you cannot live without?

Allan

Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Re: Dies you cannot live without...

Post by 9.3x64 »

I should probably mention also that Hornady Sure lock die lock rings are also a die related product, that has made my life easier. Brilliant product, especially with the Hornady lock ring spanner.

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

I have a collet bullet pulling die as well, Hornady I think, that I'm very happy with. I need to be careful not to squeeze too hard sometimes but it has been very handy when I have retired/put into storage a few cals. Handy for cleaning up those leftover rounds during load development/bullet testing.

Otherwise, I've bought a few Whidden die sets I'm very happy with. Nothing really different than other good quality dies, other than they come with a bump guage, they just seem to be really reproducible/repeatable... whatever, you will know what I mean....
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I'm thinking that RCBS 22 Hornet Competition seating die. I don't have one but from the sounds of it I could definitely use one.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

SPEEDY wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:58 am
I'm thinking that RCBS 22 Hornet Competition seating die. I don't have one but from the sounds of it I could definitely use one.
They are brilliant. :clap:

Kflattmann

Post by Kflattmann »

I like all the Whidden Gunworks dies and tools….. the multi-purpose tool that accepts bushings for OACL measurements and there shoulder bump gauges are fantastic. There dies are neck dies that accepts bushings as well with a great fit and finish.

Return to “Reloading”