308 with 168 Classic Hunters

This forum is for discussion of all reloading-related topics. Sponsored by Shooting Shed-UK

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, Vaughan, stokesrj

Corjack
Administrator
kuchnie na wymiar kraków nowoczesnekuchnie

308 with 168 Classic Hunters

Post by Corjack »

I may go on an elk hunt with Ebrownw2. If I get drawn, I plan on taking my 308. Decided the 168 Berger Classic hunters would be a good option.

Ordered myself a new Swarovski Z6 2.5-15x44 with a BT to keep the weight down.

Had a jug of IMR4895 I was not using and loaded up a handful of rounds with 41.9 grains, and an overall length of 2.8. After getting an initial zero, I shot my last four rounds at this 3/4 inch dot. The high one was the cold bore. I came down a tenth, and left a tenth. Loaded up a few more rounds with 42.1. Will try them at the range in a few days.

On another note, I had been using my Thunder beast ultra 7, but switched to my Harvester suppressor as it is longer and balances the rifle better. I think the brake on the front was helping me stay on target better.
CC36089C-87C3-4409-B53A-118A31613E88.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

canalrifle
Meister der jagd

Re: 308 with 168 Classic Hunters

Post by canalrifle »

Elk with a green dot on their side are in danger.

dchamp
Meister der jagd

Re: 308 with 168 Classic Hunters

Post by dchamp »

My friends in Wyoming and Colorado only use Bergers. I’ve used Bergers on elk once and it work extremely well. This last season I used a 198gr Hammer Hunter in my 8mmRem Mag at 585yds. It work very well also. Hammer bullets are a little different but interesting.
I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. Galileo

The fact that Jellyfish have survived 650 million years, despite not having brains, gives hope to many people. sun-gazing.com

Return to “Reloading”