Tuning a load to your rifle quickly and economically

This forum is for discussion of all reloading-related topics. Sponsored by Shooting Shed-UK

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, Vaughan, stokesrj

sav338
Meister der jagd

Re: Tuning a load to your rifle quickly and economically

Post by sav338 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:57 am

Joe , when you get it going see if you can run it concurrent with a laptop. Supposedly it will track the bullet and you can see the velocities from muzzle to about 100 m . at any point. not sure if this is bs .

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:42 am

Joe338ST wrote:
Joe338ST wrote:
sav338 wrote:Unfortunately for us here in Aus they are a bit pricy for the amount of times it would be used .
I would love one but there are other things I want to get first at $1000 au dollars a bit out of reach for the moment.
F#@% buying it in Australia!

Bought mine from buymylabradar.com
They are $560 US with $100 US postage for a grand total of $813 AUD.
When it arrives I'll sell my Magnetospeed and my traditional chronograph......and hopefully recoup some coin.

Buying one in Australia they start at $995 and then you add postage!

Joe

Well - ordered it last Sunday from the USA and it arrived at my door in Australia on Friday......
Can't fault that service and DHL..... :D

Joe
You won't regret that purchase Joe. :clap:
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:48 am

Joe338ST wrote:
Joe338ST wrote:
sav338 wrote:Unfortunately for us here in Aus they are a bit pricy for the amount of times it would be used .
I would love one but there are other things I want to get first at $1000 au dollars a bit out of reach for the moment.
F#@% buying it in Australia!

Bought mine from buymylabradar.com
They are $560 US with $100 US postage for a grand total of $813 AUD.
When it arrives I'll sell my Magnetospeed and my traditional chronograph......and hopefully recoup some coin.

Buying one in Australia they start at $995 and then you add postage!

Joe

Well - ordered it last Sunday from the USA and it arrived at my door in Australia on Friday......
Can't fault that service and DHL..... :D

Joe
DHL obviously didn’t know what it was or would be used for. DHL Australia sent a scope of mine back to the US last year proclaiming that they have an agreement with the Attorney Generals department not to transport gun parts or accessories in Australia, even if no licence/ import permit is necessary :roll:

Joe338ST
Meister der jagd

Post by Joe338ST » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:14 am

Gun Barrel Ecologist wrote:
DHL obviously didn’t know what it was or would be used for. DHL Australia sent a scope of mine back to the US last year proclaiming that they have an agreement with the Attorney Generals department not to transport gun parts or accessories in Australia, even if no licence/ import permit is necessary :roll:
That is quite concerning. I'll need to remember that if I make any gun related purchases. Was the scope reshipped using Fedex or did that whole purchase go to S#%t? :shock:

Joe
Joe

I hunt, I shoot, I camp, I fish. They are the great reset buttons in my life.

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:43 pm

It was from EuroOptic who were understandably annoyed at DHL Australia being abject dicks, and when it was returned to them they reshipped it via USPS which takes longer but it made it to Australia so Border Farce could demand GST via their unreliable online payment system. I then had an argument with them about supposedly being undercharged the credit card surcharge before they finally released the package in to Australia Post who were reliable for a change :doh: :roll:

Let’s just say I really, really hope I don’t have to send the scope back for repairs any time soon :pray: trouble is it did cop some abuse on a recent hunt and I’m starting to have doubts about it....

Anyway, apologies for the hi jack, I’m keen to hear how labradar goes in Australian conditions

Return to “Reloading”