Cutting Edge Maximus

This forum is for discussion of all reloading-related topics. Sponsored by Shooting Shed-UK

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, Vaughan, stokesrj

Corjack
Administrator

Cutting Edge Maximus

Post by Corjack »

Last fall I wanted to shoot deer with my suppressor 6.5 Creed, or 6.5x47. Wanted to use Barnes 127 grain LRX. However the 127, and 120 grain Barnes bullets have to be seated way past the neck shoulder junction. That is something I just don't care for. Ended up using Sierra 140 GK, and they worked well. Was going to order some 100 grain TTSX figuring they would be short enough. Was at a show and grabbed two boxes of these 105 grain Maximus Cutting Edge bullets. They are designed as a less expensive hunting bullets according to the owner. Said they tested very well on deer. The hollow point is cored to break apart into 4 pieces after impact, and the shank then plows through, exiting the animal.
IMG_4017.JPG
IMG_4016.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

SPEEDY

Re: Cutting Edge Maximus

Post by SPEEDY »

Could be interesting to see how they perform, a lower cost monolithic that works has big potential.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

pagosawingnut
Global Moderator

Post by pagosawingnut »

I've used the Cutting Edge BBW#13 (solids) and their matching Safari Raptor in my big bores for the last 5 years but, have never tried the Maximus. I can attest that all of the CEB's that I have used have performed dramatically. From the .375 to the .500 NE, they are accurate and dependable.
It doesn't matter what you shoot as long as you shoot
NRA Benefactor Member
SCI Life Member
USMC Life Member

Ringo

Post by Ringo »

I'm taking the Maximus in .375 to Kodiak this year, and, I've also had good luck with their more expensive Raptors.

They work differently from other monolithics but the results are the real test.
Ringo, formerly rodell
"Imagine how stupid the average person is, and then think that half of the people are stupider than that". - George Carlin

Return to “Reloading”