Ready for reloading

This forum is for discussion of all reloading-related topics. Sponsored by Shooting Shed-UK

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, Vaughan, stokesrj

slugslinger

Re: Ready for reloading

Post by slugslinger »

Enjoy! I hope you find it as much fun as I have. Here's a tool that I took too long to buy. If your budget can handle it, I recommend the RCBS Chargemaster, either the 1500 or the Lite. It saves a lot of time in the measuring process. My friends and I have tried various manufacturer's models, and found the RCBS to be accurate and good quality.

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/77215 ... gK7N_D_BwE

Regards,
NRA Patriot Life Endowment Member
USAF Veteran

Joe338ST
Meister der jagd

Post by Joe338ST »

deerhunter338mag wrote:You got a video out already :lol: :lol: :whistle: [bbvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/ejNy809EKX8[/bbvideo]

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm still laughing :lol: :lol: :lol:
The poor guy loses half his hair and mo.....
Joe

I hunt, I shoot, I camp, I fish. They are the great reset buttons in my life.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Its funny, fake but funny.

I prefer a powder thrower to a digital automatic unit, its faster and still very accurate.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

I've found a powder thrower for spherical or short grain powder and automatic power dispenser for long grain powders works best especially if you are worrying about velocity variation at long range. Those first round vitals hits at extended range are much easier with long grain powders that are stable over temperature, provided the wind doping skills are there.
Robert J Stokes

Olsen

Post by Olsen »

Its a jungle to find out what to get, I just know, I want a digital weight :whistle:
Olsen

Blaser R8 Proff Succes .308 win - 9,3x62

2 shots in the same hole is often luck......3 in the same hole is using Olsens shooting stick....

Joe338ST
Meister der jagd

Post by Joe338ST »

I've got the Hornady version automatic powder measue/digital scale and it works a treat for me.....
Joe

I hunt, I shoot, I camp, I fish. They are the great reset buttons in my life.

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Olsen wrote:Its a jungle to find out what to get, I just know, I want a digital weight :whistle:
I'm on my 2nd RCBS Chargemaster. Wasn't happy when the first one broke after 7-8 years but bought a 2nd... I imagine the other brands like the Hornady are good too.
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

Olsen

Post by Olsen »

Vaughan wrote:
Olsen wrote:Its a jungle to find out what to get, I just know, I want a digital weight :whistle:
I'm on my 2nd RCBS Chargemaster. Wasn't happy when the first one broke after 7-8 years but bought a 2nd... I imagine the other brands like the Hornady are good too.
Im looking at Hornady too, and I think its a good brand too.
Olsen

Blaser R8 Proff Succes .308 win - 9,3x62

2 shots in the same hole is often luck......3 in the same hole is using Olsens shooting stick....

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Olsen wrote:
Vaughan wrote:
Im looking at Hornady too, and I think its a good brand too.
Either way, a damn sight better than messing about with scales and tricklers and crap like that.

Consider getting a good tumbler with stainless steel pins for cleaning your brass at some point. I have the one from Frankford Arsenal and wish I had bought it years earlier.
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

7x57
Meister der jagd

Post by 7x57 »

slugslinger wrote:Enjoy! I hope you find it as much fun as I have. Here's a tool that I took too long to buy. If your budget can handle it, I recommend the RCBS Chargemaster, either the 1500 or the Lite. It saves a lot of time in the measuring process. My friends and I have tried various manufacturer's models, and found the RCBS to be accurate and good quality.

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/77215 ... gK7N_D_BwE

Regards,
I use a Chargemaster and it has given years of accurate service. My son recently bought a Lite and we put them side by side measuring same powder. Transferred powder from one dish to the other and measurements were spot on in both. Don't think you would go wrong with either.
Use a stainless tumbler as well and this a really excellent adjunct to the reloading process.

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

I had a small Set of digital reloading scale (wont say what brand they are) . I got myself the RCBS chargemaster and everything changed for the better. I test them both on a set of scientific laboratory digital scale that were certified and used in a laboratory. My small digital scale was very inconsistent and the RCBS chargemaster was one or two kernels out. Now the chargemaster was around $350 why the Aussie buck was good and the lab scales are well over $3k and are checked professionally all the time. Most import thing is, what every you get go and get yours checked against a set of scales that are checked for accuracy by someone trained in weights and measurements. Then you know you have accurate scales. I like to keep my scales in the house and do all my powder measuring in side the house in the same place every time. I always leave the scales on for an hr before use. One thing I noticed with the mates lab scales is there never off. He’s lucky as it’s in his work place and he’s not paying for them. But he’s been told to not switch them off as they run better when just left on.
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

stokesrj wrote:I'm glad for you, and hope you enjoy reloading as much as I do. And it is too bad you don't live near me, I'm downsizing my reloading and getting rid of many thousands of bullets and cases, hundreds of pounds of powder, dozens of dies and miscellaneous. I could outfit you fully a couple of times. I'm moving from 42 calibers down to about 20 or maybe less if I can convince myself to do so.
Thanks for assuaging my personal guilt about owning "stuff", Bob :D

My modest collection of bits and pieces seems positively ascetic when compared with your inventory :lol:

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I think its hard to go wrong with a basic set up, theres no point getting anything advanced until you manage the basics.
Or in my case theres no reason to get advanced when the basics do everything that I want.

thomasr1969

Post by thomasr1969 »

I started with a Lee single stage of ebay ......
I may have gotten a little carried away
Reloading (50).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Ok that gives me a man cave chubby, it would be absolutely over kill and a waste of money for me, as I only load 20-50 rounds at a time generally.
But that doesn't mean I can't apreciate it. :handgestures-thumbup:

Return to “Reloading”