AMP Machine

This forum is for discussion of all reloading-related topics. Sponsored by Shooting Shed-UK

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, Vaughan, stokesrj

Ant

Re: AMP Machine

Post by Ant »

I also have not had any issues with temperature. I use it in the Nevada desert, in a rather hot garage I have not had any issues with the unit.

9.3M03

Post by 9.3M03 »

SPEEDY wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 1:22 am That's because any day of the year in VIC can be 5 degrees, and if it's not then just wait an hour till the season changes.
This is true but it can get pretty toasty in a 20ft shipping container mid summer in melb. Im even considering fitting a split system AC

UPEgger

Post by UPEgger »

I purchased the AMP last summer. I anneal my brass IN the dining room on a small Costco table. 22/250, 6mmBRNorma, 6XC, 6.5x55, 9.3x62, are what I have annealed with the AMP. My ambient temps are around 65 to 70 degrees so I cannot comment on operations in warmer places. Expensive yes. I had not annealed anything until I got this unit, so I do not have a history on annealing brass. I really enjoy the convenience of annealing IN the house.

Would I purchase this unit again. YES!!.

Carl L.
Winter Quarters

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

Well, I seem to have a bit of a setback. I had my local dealer who had an account with Graf And Sons, call and put the machine on backorder in April. Noticed they had it on their website discontinued by manufacturer, and no back order. Call them to check on status, said they are updating the unit, and expect a shipment in July, however the had no record of my back , and refused to put a unit on back order. My dealer then called them to try and sort it out, but got no where. So no idea when I can even try and order one, or receive it. Grafs customer service is ether a liar, or incompetent. Doubt I do any more business with them.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

Discogodfather

Post by Discogodfather »

Wow that is very interesting. Was thinking about getting the Giraud (I have his case trimmer and it's awesome) but this looks like it would be less labor intensive. The Giraud comes with a gas setup and it's totally automatic but it take forever to get the first case right. I know he sells an electronic unit but the fact that the AMP company is willing to take the hard work out of the setup and base it on ambient temps and cartridge manufacturers makes it seem so much easier to set up. The Giraud does have the advantage of being so much more automatic, or a lot easier for bulk.

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

Graf and Sons is not my favorite supplier but I have found them to be honorable and they handle some items that are hard to find elsewhere like the Lapua 55 grain SP .224 bullet I use in my .222. They always send an order confirmation within minutes by email and maintain an order history in my account. It should be a simple matter for the dealer to produce records of the order. I just checked my account and records are there back to 2016 including backorders.
Anyway, it’s a shame, the AMP is a cool looking set up.
Robert J Stokes

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

I have exchanged a few emails with Brownells and it looks like there is a good chance they are going to be able to help me.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

UPEgger

Post by UPEgger »

I have had mine for almost a year. No shutdown problems with up to 260 rounds of 6mmBR Norma at one sitting. Also annealed almost 300 6.5x55SE at one setting. House temperature was around 75F/80F. This was my first entry into annealing rifle brass. Got bored, nothing to do, money in my pocket..... you know the story. I had not entered into annealing prior to this as I did not believe a bunch of propane torches could give consistent results. My opinion.....

I also have the Giraud case trimmer. Wonderful piece of equipment.

Carl L.

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

I see one of the local suppliers out here is getting the Mark 2 AMP machine. Looks like they have put 2 computer thermal fans inside it and have updated the software. No sure why they need 2 thermal fans :lol: I think I might sell my new never been used Annealing machine. ;) Very cool looking unit.

https://www.ampannealing.com/news/45/in ... -amp-mate/
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

icebug
Meister der jagd

Post by icebug »

Induction heaters in general produce a lot of heat (talking about 1kW units or more), which of course, requires an adequate cooling system.
For cooling the induction coil, distilled water or similar liquid like glycol is also being used.
At the moment I'm making a BoM for my own induction annealer, I estimate the cost to be up to 1/3 of the commercially available AMP annealing unit.
I hope I'll manage to build it in the next couple of months.
All for one and 9.3 for all
https://youtu.be/8r-e2NDSTuE

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

icebug wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:07 am Induction heaters in general produce a lot of heat (talking about 1kW units or more), which of course, requires an adequate cooling system.
For cooling the induction coil, distilled water or similar liquid like glycol is also being used.
At the moment I'm making a BoM for my own induction annealer, I estimate the cost to be up to 1/3 of the commercially available AMP annealing unit.
I hope I'll manage to build it in the next couple of months.
Sounds awesome Icebug, looking forward to see that one when finished. :clap:

icebug
Meister der jagd

Post by icebug »

deerhunter338mag wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:28 amlooking forward to see that one when finished. :clap:
Me too, trust me :mrgreen:
All for one and 9.3 for all
https://youtu.be/8r-e2NDSTuE

longrider
Meister der jagd

Post by longrider »

The AMP has worked flawlessly for me. Very pleased.
Brad

thomasr1969

Post by thomasr1969 »

Fellas I went the EZ Anneal route. Arrived tonight
2018-07-03 17.34.18.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

thomasr1969 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:18 am Fellas I went the EZ Anneal route. Arrived tonight

2018-07-03 17.34.18.jpg
That looks Hi tech as well. Very nice

Return to “Reloading”