AMP Machine

This forum is for discussion of all reloading-related topics. Sponsored by Shooting Shed-UK

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, Vaughan, stokesrj

thomasr1969

Re: AMP Machine

Post by thomasr1969 »

Just gotta learn how to drive it.
Certainly looks the part. I liked this one because you can get a case feeder for it already and it doesn't need pilots.

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

thomasr1969 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:42 am Just gotta learn how to drive it.
Certainly looks the part. I liked this one because you can get a case feeder for it already and it doesn't need pilots.
Mine took me a good hr or so to work it out. All good now I just didn’t want to stuff up too many lapimp cases.
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

Ado

Post by Ado »

icebug wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:07 am Induction heaters in general produce a lot of heat (talking about 1kW units or more), which of course, requires an adequate cooling system.
For cooling the induction coil, distilled water or similar liquid like glycol is also being used.
At the moment I'm making a BoM for my own induction annealer, I estimate the cost to be up to 1/3 of the commercially available AMP annealing unit.
I hope I'll manage to build it in the next couple of months.
Something like the “GinaErik” (aka generic) as per thread below? A mate is building two....can’t wait until he finishes mine! :D
http://forum.accurateshooter.com/thread ... x.3908353/

icebug
Meister der jagd

Post by icebug »

Bingo!
All for one and 9.3 for all
https://youtu.be/8r-e2NDSTuE

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Very smart :clap: :clap:

[BBvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/57RL5v54FhM[/BBvideo]

thomasr1969

Post by thomasr1969 »

Well, I fired up the EZ annealer for the first time this morning and did 6 .338LM cases. Machine did a great job. It then gave up and died. That's the end of my annealing adventure for a while.

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

thomasr1969 wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:18 am Well, I fired up the EZ annealer for the first time this morning and did 6 .338LM cases. Machine did a great job. It then gave up and died. That's the end of my annealing adventure for a while.
Your kidding!!! Sorry to hear bud, send it back.

thomasr1969

Post by thomasr1969 »

Yeah I'm not happy but I guess it happens (seems like always to me, but everybody says that) so I have emailed Robert to find out a solution.
With the time difference and it being the weekend I just have to wait now. I'm confident it's nothing major - fingers crossed. It's a shame because you can tell the machine is very well made and a lot of thought has gone into it.

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

thomasr1969 wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:21 am Yeah I'm not happy but I guess it happens (seems like always to me, but everybody says that) so I have emailed Robert to find out a solution.
With the time difference and it being the weekend I just have to wait now. I'm confident it's nothing major - fingers crossed. It's a shame because you can tell the machine is very well made and a lot of thought has gone into it.
Yeah the one I got I had to get the tool box out to tinker with it. I think they get knocked around in the post a bit.

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

They got the new MkII machines in back orderable status. Got the CC out and put one on back order. Got an email notification and everything. Hopefully I have it first part of August.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

9.3M03

Post by 9.3M03 »

thomasr1969 wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:21 am Yeah I'm not happy but I guess it happens (seems like always to me, but everybody says that) so I have emailed Robert to find out a solution.
Bugger

hope its an easy fix Bob. it certainly looks a well thought out unit.

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

I thought those of you interested in this machine would like to know you can now preorder the auto case feeder.https://www.creedmoorsports.com/product ... 26a6be54d8
Robert J Stokes

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

stokesrj wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:05 am I thought those of you interested in this machine would like to know you can now preorder the auto case feeder.https://www.creedmoorsports.com/product ... 26a6be54d8
When, and or if I ever get the machine I have ordered. The case feeder will be my next purchase.

Discogodfather

Post by Discogodfather »

I was on AMP's website again looking at that setup- with the auto feeder setup it would come to about $1700 or so (bought from Brownels). It would be worth it to me to anneal each time and not have to ever really worry about it. All the other machines are so hard to set up it would not be worth it- and they are relatively similar in price.

I wonder how much each case holder is? I also don't see anywhere the case size capacity specs of the auto feeder?

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

Discogodfather wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:50 pm I was on AMP's website again looking at that setup- with the auto feeder setup it would come to about $1700 or so (bought from Brownels). It would be worth it to me to anneal each time and not have to ever really worry about it. All the other machines are so hard to set up it would not be worth it- and they are relatively similar in price.

I wonder how much each case holder is? I also don't see anywhere the case size capacity specs of the auto feeder?
Each pilot is about 20.00 bucks. Not sure if the case feeder Dillon or Hornady would feed say, a 6 Dasher or br.

Return to “Reloading”