Quick quick load request

This forum is for discussion of all reloading-related topics. Sponsored by Shooting Shed-UK

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, Vaughan, stokesrj

SPEEDY

Quick quick load request

Post by SPEEDY »

Can anyone run a 300gn pill in 44mag from a 20" tube with 20.5gn, 21gn, 21.5gn and 22gn of AR2205 or H4227/H110.
I know they are hot but it like to know just how hot, 22gn should be a compressed charge, actually 21gn might come close with that much lead.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

SPEEDY

Re: Quick quick load request

Post by SPEEDY »

That might not be needed now, I went to load up some ADI listed max loads and with the 300gn Sierra it was a damn tight compressed load, I did 3 and decided to go the other way and loaded up 3 19.5gn loads and then a bunch of safer 19gn loads.
Normally their max loads are mild but in this case, with this bullet I think 5% under max will do.
I will Chrony them tomorrow and test the accuracy.

But these massive pills take up half the case, they might be too big.
15409956691490.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dchamp
Meister der jagd

Post by dchamp »

QuickLoad does not list the 300gr Sierra Bullet. What is the bullets OAL? I ran the load with the Swift bullet based on the SAMI spec. Also there is an interesting note applying to Lever Actions although I don't remember if you are using a Lever Action or something else.
Capture 44 mag.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. Galileo

The fact that Jellyfish have survived 650 million years, despite not having brains, gives hope to many people. sun-gazing.com

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Cheers for that, it's actually pretty interesting.

Return to “Reloading”