REACH Compliant Powders

This forum is for discussion of all reloading-related topics. Sponsored by Shooting Shed-UK

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, Vaughan, stokesrj

Corjack
Administrator

REACH Compliant Powders

Post by Corjack »

Never heard of this before. It is a European thing. Most of the decent Hogdon powders and IMR are no longer allowed into Europe. The new IMR enduron powders are compliant. I am not sure if it is actually they are banned because there is actually something harmful in the powder, or if the manufacturer refuses to tell them their powder recipes . Not sure if this affects Scandinavia countries, or if it is a European Union thing.

Any body know anything about this?

https://www.riflemanfirearms.com/news/2 ... -reach-/31
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

Vaughan

Re: REACH Compliant Powders

Post by Vaughan »

I've heard this. Don't know any details but it will surely nobble us as well. I'll miss Varget......
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Mr Warrender from thales is on a few facebook groups. Ill ask.

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

I have heard this is why we had a recent supply issue with 2209. Apparently the recipe was being refined for sale in Europe.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

Ringo

Post by Ringo »

From Wikipedia, which is accurate in this case:

"Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) is a European Union regulation dating from 18 December 2006. REACH addresses the production and use of chemical substances, and their potential impacts on both human health and the environment. Its 849 pages took seven years to pass, and it has been described as the most complex legislation in the Union's history and the most important in 20 years. It is the strictest law to date regulating chemical substances and will affect industries throughout the world. REACH entered into force on 1 June 2007, with a phased implementation over the next decade. The regulation also established the European Chemicals Agency, which manages the technical, scientific and administrative aspects of REACH."

I'm in an industry where we have to comply. Basically, you have to register your substance or product, and there are special rules for certain substances. You do not have to give up the formulation. The whole thing is a mess. Btw, it only applies if you import one ton or more.
Last edited by Ringo on Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ringo, formerly rodell
"Imagine how stupid the average person is, and then think that half of the people are stupider than that". - George Carlin

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

So if I understand this correctly , exporting 1999 pounds of wet horse manure to European Union HEadquarters, REACH division, could posssibly be compliant? And you could only do it once?
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Followed by 1999 pineapples

Ringo

Post by Ringo »

Corjack wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:57 pm So if I understand this correctly , exporting 1999 pounds of wet horse manure to European Union HEadquarters, REACH division, could posssibly be compliant? And you could only do it once?
It would depend on what you fed the horse!

And another EU government body, the European Chemical Authority. Welcome to our future.
Ringo, formerly rodell
"Imagine how stupid the average person is, and then think that half of the people are stupider than that". - George Carlin

Joe338ST
Meister der jagd

Post by Joe338ST »

RED TAPE gone MAD!
Joe

I hunt, I shoot, I camp, I fish. They are the great reset buttons in my life.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

More stupid BS, I love how they talk about risks to health with some things, but everyday we are all using dozens chemicals.
Then they talk about the dangers of transportation of powder, but transportation with powder in a case with a primer and bullet is fine and on those same roads file tankers are a dine a dozen full of explosive fuel.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Return to “Reloading”