Hoarding DNA/Disorder Good Thing

This forum is for discussion of all reloading-related topics. Sponsored by Shooting Shed-UK

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, Vaughan, stokesrj

Corjack
Administrator

Hoarding DNA/Disorder Good Thing

Post by Corjack »

I have worked out in my shop two weekends in a row sorting and organizing stuff. Right now with components and stuff for reloading at an all time low of availability. My hoarding disorder is looking like a good way to be. I will never need to buy any more 8x57 brass, 9.3x74 brass, 6.5x55 brass, 6.5 Creedmoor brass, and 223 brass the rest of my life. Probably got enough large rifle primers to last the rest of my life as well. Shoot more small rifle primers than anything else. As soon as they are available again I will make sure I have enough of those to last 25+ years. I found a lot of 9.3x62 brass that I am going to drop off at ebrownw2 place and he will never need any of those the rest of his life.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

stokesrj

Re: Hoarding DNA/Disorder Good Thing

Post by stokesrj »

I'm with you on that, my personal stocks are in good shape but It is looking pretty bleak out there, I just placed a $275,000 order with Fiocchi for my club and got back an August 1 delivery commitment. Wow, it's usually 3-6 weeks not 6 months.
Robert J Stokes

p3t3rsn

Post by p3t3rsn »

Up here, our gun stores are getting endless requests from Americans to purchase ammunition. It’s gotten so bad, that nearly every gun store has a featured post on their websites stating that they are not allowed to sell firearms or ammunition outside of Canada and to please stop requesting. Our inventory is now starting to get thin with reduced shipments.

Rifletuner

Post by Rifletuner »

Corjack wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:47 pm I will never need to buy any more 8x57 brass, 9.3x74 brass, 6.5x55 brass
Just as well, because I bet there is a run on those :happy-jumpeveryone:

But I guess if you hold off a bit longer until the shortage really starts to bit there, you could sell the 223 & Creed brass for enough to retire on?

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Covid, global supply chains, just in time manufacturing and Biden sitting on the throne.

Let the panic buying start.

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

Today I also started gathering up and putting 30-30 brass all in one place. This is about 2/3 of what I got gathered and sorted this afternoon.
IMG_6388.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

Rifletuner

Post by Rifletuner »

mchughcb wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:20 pm

Let the panic buying start.
Its well & truly started in the USA, and we have certainly see signs of it here for a while. It seems to vary a bit though. I have 5 gunshops within a 15 minute drive from me, and none of those have stock of anything I want. One shop has some 2209, but they would only sell me one 500g canaster. But if I venture further out, then I do find the odd thing I am looking for.

I covered a lot of ground around the greater Melbourne area from the beginning of the year and eventually manged to buy the 2208, 2209, 2217 and small rifle primers that I wanted. But I had to visit multiple gun shops to get the items I wanted. Each place that had something I was chasing was sold out of the other items I wanted.

Gamsjagd
Meister der jagd

Post by Gamsjagd »

I bought 400 rounds of once fired Hornady 6.5 CM for my PRS rifle and eventually found some powder, and bullets. But the question remains do I really want to waste it on shooting some silly competition?

Return to “Reloading”