130gn Woodleigh.

This forum is for discussion of all reloading-related topics. Sponsored by Shooting Shed-UK

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, Vaughan, stokesrj

SPEEDY

130gn Woodleigh.

Post by SPEEDY »

I was a bit uncertain about this pill, I thought it might be too small for big deer and too hard for smaller game.

I took a meat deer with it the other day, and while my wife was making mince she hit into the bullet so I finally had one to inspect.

Taking a closer look at it it seems to have opened up really well and retained a lot of weight.

But on a side note it did eat really well, my wife even eats it raw.

I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Re: 130gn Woodleigh.

Post by deerhunter338mag »

Done the job, Can't knock Woodleigh projectiles. :handgestures-thumbup:
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Good bullets Woodies, I used them a lot before being pressured to go copper. Not sure about raw deer. I don't mind it cured with sugar and salt etc but raw and wriggling, nah.... but to each their own. :-)
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I was surprised, until she Gould it I didn't think they were expanding a whole lot.
Nothing I've hit with it was DRT, there's always some running involved. The difference I think this time was that I had to take a 2nd shot as after waiting for 5min I thought it was down for good but as I approached it, up it got and off it ran and a quick 2nd shot smashed the front shoulder and it must have spun up towards the spine.
This stuck in the fillet which was where it was found.

They are tough pills, I think a 150gn or 165gn would have enough shank to ensure it goes on more of a strait line.
But I got 500 of these cheep so I will stick with them for a while yet, I think they will be good on pigs.
The 150gn Ttsx seems to open up faster and drill right through with a good wound channel with plenty of blood.

I might use them as my deer pills, although my dies, don't seem to be working fir some reason so I might need to buy some new ones.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

I've mostly used their 286gr RNSN in my 9.3s. Only ever found a couple, most went straight through. Those few I found looked good as you would like so I always figured they open up fine. Shot moose with them. They always run. I've started erring toward breaking shoulders now I use copper. No one likes shoulder meat anyway... :whistle: does make good curry....
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

Return to “Reloading”