Gordon's Reloading Tool

This forum is for discussion of all reloading-related topics. Sponsored by Shooting Shed-UK

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, Vaughan, stokesrj

Corjack
Administrator

Gordon's Reloading Tool

Post by Corjack »

A free loading predictor kinda like quick load. Anybody messed with it yet?

https://www.grtools.de/doku.php
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

Vaughan

Re: Gordon's Reloading Tool

Post by Vaughan »

Interesting. Very much a clone of Quickload with some useful add-ons.

Just added in my 8x68S TTSX load as a comparison with Quickload. It is under max in Quickload, but a bit over-pressure with Gordon's. Different initiation pressure but I've no idea how to judge what the correct setting should be. The estimated MV is about bang-on with Gordon's but underestimated by Quickload, so maybe that is something to play with - together with a chrony... :think: . Both close enough to be super helpful for load development. I'll play a bit more and see how useful some of the other features turn out to be.
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

jamesc

Post by jamesc »

Ive downloaded and installed it tonight, had a bit of a play with a few loads ive just loaded up for testing, will be interesting to see how they compare, ill run them all over the crono and see what they come back like.
Its missing a few of the ADI powders but i assume they will get added as it get more popular.

JPBlaser

Post by JPBlaser »

Corjack wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:44 pm A free loading predictor kinda like quick load. Anybody messed with it yet?

https://www.grtools.de/doku.php
I've been using it for some time now.
If all relevant info is entered correctly... it actually gives very good predictions.
It was about 0.5 % difference between prediction and real data from a friends 300 norma magnum.

Best regards,
Jordan

Return to “Reloading”