please share your load for 338 laupa in a blaser tac2

This forum is for discussion of all reloading-related topics. Sponsored by Shooting Shed-UK

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, Vaughan, stokesrj

redbeard

please share your load for 338 laupa in a blaser tac2

Post by redbeard »

i am looking for a few loads to try out. it is for a blaser tac2. thanks

kolorifer

Re: please share your load for 338 laupa in a blaser tac2

Post by kolorifer »

The best load for lapua uses the original 338 lapua made in Finland. You pay for quality.

Discogodfather

Re: please share your load for 338 laupa in a blaser tac2

Post by Discogodfather »

Unfortunately one of the major factors about Tac2's in 338 Lapua is the max length you can seat is limited to a COAL of around 3.75". Really, in order to feed reliably, it's around 3.73" max. The 338 Lapua magazines have awful geometry and ram the bullet right across the ogive and leave copper and brass shavings at the breech locking lug area. Longer you go the worse it gets. I try and limit my loads to .030" from the lands to try and keep a decent combo of length and feeding. I do run my own proto mags alot and they don't suffer from the dragging the bullet on the feed ramps but they still can't really feed anything beyond 3.73" COAL.

No problem if you single feed everything or course.

My favorite load so far is this, but I am shooting at sea level:

250 Grain Sierra HPBT
3.721" COAL
92.5 Grains Hogden Retumbo
Lapua cases
Federal 215's
2750 FPS
.030" from the lands

I found this to be great for everything out to about 1500. I struggle a bit beyond that and haven't found a decent 1 mile load yet, but we are limited here by the factory twist.

Return to “Reloading”