New Member from Australia

A place where new members can introduce themselves.

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, pagosawingnut

Central Vic

Re: New Member from Australia

Post by Central Vic »

Well I'm settling into my Blaser. The first couple of trips to the range weren't super successful and it took a lil to get used to. Particularly the professional success stock. I think I was just a bit too precious with it.

The last two trips have been great though with everything start to click. The rifle is just a joy to use. I've found myself finishing up a session just grinning at how awesomely everything works. Even down to pulling off the barrel to give it a good clean while others bumble around getting solvent all through their actions. In terms of accuracy its well beyond my capabilities and is giving me something to grow into / aspire to. Attached is my best shot of the afternoon on a very blustery day. 4 shots into about 1.1 inches at 200m off a sandbag on the bench. The Hornady HPBT 168gr match ammo seems to be the best so far (and is also surprisingly cheap for the 50 packs). Though ELD-Xs, AMAX and ELD-M are plenty accurate enough for hunting.

Off to the US in 3 weeks and looking forward to picking up a few more accessories for it, including saddle mounts (with the screwdriver) for more reasonable money.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Joe338ST
Meister der jagd

Post by Joe338ST »

Central Vic wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:32 am Well I'm settling into my Blaser. The first couple of trips to the range weren't super successful and it took a lil to get used to. Particularly the professional success stock. I think I was just a bit too precious with it.

The last two trips have been great though with everything start to click. The rifle is just a joy to use. I've found myself finishing up a session just grinning at how awesomely everything works. Even down to pulling off the barrel to give it a good clean while others bumble around getting solvent all through their actions. In terms of accuracy its well beyond my capabilities and is giving me something to grow into / aspire to. Attached is my best shot of the afternoon on a very blustery day. 4 shots into about 1.1 inches at 200m off a sandbag on the bench. The Hornady HPBT 168gr match ammo seems to be the best so far (and is also surprisingly cheap for the 50 packs). Though ELD-Xs, AMAX and ELD-M are plenty accurate enough for hunting.

Off to the US in 3 weeks and looking forward to picking up a few more accessories for it, including saddle mounts (with the screwdriver) for more reasonable money.
Good shooting their Centralvic. 0.5MOA is an excellent group in windy conditions. Can't argue with that!
Joe

I hunt, I shoot, I camp, I fish. They are the great reset buttons in my life.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

It's doing the job then, no surprise there. :handgestures-thumbup:

I've stopped trying to find out how accurate mine are, all I know is they shoot a hell of a lot better then me.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

Nice shooting for 200m you would have to be happy with that. :dance:
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

Welcome aboard , nice to see another Victorian join the Frey . Enjoy your blaser as I’m sure you will..
ps that good shooting there. :dance:

Central Vic

Post by Central Vic »

Thanks folks. I'm back from the states this coming weekend and hoping to get out on Sunday and give it another crack. Have just picked up a Blaser Saddle Mount from Europtic while i was here. I was just using the cheaper Talley option so keen to get that installed and shooting.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

The Blaser factory mounts are IMO the best option, I like the Tier One rings better then the Blaser ones for LR or very heavy recoil calibers but exclusively use the Blaser factory ones now.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Return to “BlaserBuds Introductions”