New Member from New Mexico

A place where new members can introduce themselves.

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, pagosawingnut

thechamp
Administrator

Re: New Member from New Mexico

Post by thechamp »

Welcome to the board. I've hunted New Mexico quite a few times for mule deer. Normally draw in section 34, around Cloudcroft. Tough mule deer hunting but some beautiful country. Last couple of times was on a private ranch near Pinon.

Congrats on your first Blaser. I say First because once you catch the bug you'll be adding more. Once you get the required number of post you'll be able to shop the classifieds and we have a continuous stream of good stuff going through there. Also FWIW you'll find most used Blaser equipment to be in excellent condition. By the time people migrate to the Blasers they've learned how to care for their equipment.

desullivan

Post by desullivan »

Thanks again to all. Olsen-if in Germany hopefully I can swing up to Denmark. If it is easier to get into Denmark vs. Germany on a first part of a hunting trip with my own Blaser- I might just do it and then take a ferry over to Germany!

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Post by ebrownw2 »

Welcome aboard. I love New Mexico, a beautiful state. My first Blaser was the exact kit you bought, so congrats on having excellent tastes!

desullivan

Post by desullivan »

Just picked up my new Blaser R8 Package from the FFL dealer who received my gun shipment. Only regret is that I should have bought this sooner!!! Scope that came with it is the Zeiss Conquest HD5 2-10x42 which is a higher grade than I expected which is a bonus. I am going to get an Aimpoint Micro H2 for east coast forested whitetail deer and driven game in Germany. I was going to sell the Zeiss to pay for it-but now not sure. I may just get a set of turrets from Kenton for the Zeiss and call it good and use my heavier Kahles 56mm illuminated for stand hunts. Decisions, decisions... Can't wait to get to the range-temps are near record high in NM when I have free time to get to the range but looks like I will be out to shoot this week.

Return to “BlaserBuds Introductions”