Texas Hunter

A place where new members can introduce themselves.

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, pagosawingnut

Paulfjr

Texas Hunter

Post by Paulfjr »

Good evening, y'all. I've been monitoring this website for awhile, but this is my first post. I'm also a member of Blaserpro. I would just like to say that Blaser owners are about the friendliest group of hunters I've ever dealt with. I note with interest all the advice and help I see in these posts.
I'm a R93 man, for the last 4 years. I've used it to take everything from prairie dogs to Cape buffalo, with a few antelope, elk and deer in between. Thanks for having such a informative website open for Blaser owners use. I hope to discuss many matters with the members in the future. Paul

thechamp
Administrator

Re: Texas Hunter

Post by thechamp »

Welcome to the board Paulfjr! Glad you decided to become a member. Quite a few of us are owners of both the R93 and the R8. The R93 has accounted for many a critter since it's beginning. Look forward to seeing some of those hunting pics you've accumulated.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Always good to have another R93 lover here, were starting to thin out even though I still maintain its the better rifle.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

7x57
Meister der jagd

Post by 7x57 »

Welcome to the forum - great place as you have indicated. Be great to hear some more about your hunts.

daveg

Post by daveg »

I'm with you Texas H, really friendly bunch, which is sometimes not the case with ( higher end ) firearms. I'm a member of a Rotary Wing forum & boys can those boys be snobby!! Just a newby myself here but only have praise. Dave

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

Welcome to the forum, enjoy the banter as there is a bit but it is very informative, and not a bad place to pick up some new gear.
I'm Sorry your a R93 man maybe one day you will join in the R8 club, lol.
Welcome.
Steve

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

sav338 wrote: I'm Sorry your a R93 man maybe one day you will join in the R8 club
Now why would he want to go and something stupid like that for, it's got me stuffed :think:

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

SPEEDY wrote:
sav338 wrote: I'm Sorry your a R93 man maybe one day you will join in the R8 club
Now why would he want to go and something stupid like that for, it's got me stuffed :think:
Exactly! The man has a perfectly useable firearm and he doesn't need to exchange it for an unwieldy brick, so leave him alone. :P

Welcome to the group! We're a friendly bunch - real friendly....... :whistle: :lol:
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Ah the old R93 Vs R8 issue, it's like our friendly version of the crap we tend to cop on any other forum when you mention any Blaser.
Although we actually have experience with them, own at least one at some point anyway and strangely like to use facts and personal experiences to formulate our views.

That's weird as the usual arguments of their ugly, dangerous and over priced just don't hold much water to anyone that's actually well held one :lol:

pagosawingnut
Global Moderator

Post by pagosawingnut »

Welcome aboard! Never owned an R93, I got in with the R8 but am a fan for sure.
It doesn't matter what you shoot as long as you shoot
NRA Benefactor Member
SCI Life Member
USMC Life Member

Paulfjr

Post by Paulfjr »

I thought about switching to R8 when they first came out, for about a second. I don't need anything larger than .416 to kill in Africa or Alaska. And as someone said above why carry a brick when you can carry a lightning rod. Have three complete R93's now. 1 for me, 1 for son, 1 for son in law. Life is good. Anyone wanting to give away their R8, I'll take it, as I need a anchor for my boat.

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

I have owned several of both, must say in my opinion the edge in consistency goes to the R8.The R93s were accurate, but the R8 seems to just about always cooperate. I figure if a fellow thinks the R8 is too heavy, he might want to get out from the desk a bit more, and do some real work
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Corjack wrote:I figure if a fellow thinks the R8 is too heavy, he might want to get out from the desk a bit more, and do some real work
Don't go spreading fake news now.. I never said it was too heavy. I just said it was clumsy compared to the R93. :lol: :lol:
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

Paulfjr

Post by Paulfjr »

Not worried about gun being too heavy. Before I got too old I rodeo'd quite a bit. How do I post pictures of hunts? I tried to change avatar but it wouldn't accept it. Also, not able to post replies in marketplace.

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

Paulfjr wrote:Not worried about gun being too heavy. Before I got too old I rodeo'd quite a bit. How do I post pictures of hunts? I tried to change avatar but it wouldn't accept it. Also, not able to post replies in marketplace.
OMG! that is horrible.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

Return to “BlaserBuds Introductions”