Tac 2 Rookie

A place where new members can introduce themselves.

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, pagosawingnut

USAF CCT

Tac 2 Rookie

Post by USAF CCT »

My brother and I have been putting together a modest collection for 25+ years now. We recently came upon a rifle that was practically unknown to both of us, the Tac 2 (in .223), but, in short order, it has managed to revive our interest in long range shooting.

I haven't, as yet, found a special forum board for Tac 2 owners, but I've got several questions I'd like to ask about this unique tactical rifle platform, so I'd appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Looking forward to it,
USAF CCT

thechamp
Administrator

Re: Tac 2 Rookie

Post by thechamp »

Welcome to the forums. We've got a few members who are very familiar with those rifles so it shouldn't be long before someone volunteers.

Mcardenal

Post by Mcardenal »

It shouldn't be long before Marky shows up. His user name is tacticaltshirts.com
He has a Tactical 2 and is the resident expert.
I have an LRS2 with 300 Win Mag and .308 Barrels in my personal collection and a Tac 2 in 338 Lapua in my business collection that I share with my brothers. So until Marky shows up I can try to help the best I can.

BTW, Welcome.

Martin

USAF CCT

Post by USAF CCT »

Well, I gave the PM utility a go, but I get a message stating that I'm not authorized to read PMs?

Do you think that I could make contact with Marky by posting a new thread on the Blasers board?

USAF CCT

Post by USAF CCT »

My apologies, @Mcardenal (Martin), but I didn't realize that you offered to help until now.

Should I start a new thread on the Blasers board so that future Tac 2 owners can benefit from your thoughts and experience?

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

You will be able to use the PM function once you have posted ten posts, so why don't you tell us some more about yourself, what you like to shoot, your other guns, what you would like to do in the future. I'll send Tacticalshirts a PM to direct him to your post.
Bob
Robert J Stokes

Mcardenal

Post by Mcardenal »

USAF CCT wrote:My apologies, @Mcardenal (Martin), but I didn't realize that you offered to help until now.

Should I start a new thread on the Blasers board so that future Tac 2 owners can benefit from your thoughts and experience?
No worries :D

John1911.com
Meister der jagd

Post by John1911.com »

Stoker sent me a PM. I guess running the TAC 2 as my primary makes me the Tac2 guy.

What can I help you with?

Marky
John1911.com

John1911.com
Meister der jagd

Post by John1911.com »

Update: if you are interested in a Tac2 in 223 and you found 2 to buy, you better buy it. They are hard to find since most users prefer the 308,300wm, 338.

1. Are you sure it's a TAC 2 and not a LRS2? LRS/r93 are MUCH easier to get barrels.

2. Note. The 223 mags can be a little finicky. I'm still playing with mine and just about have a modification worked out to my standards.

Marky

Mcardenal

Post by Mcardenal »

Tacticaltshirts.com wrote:Update: if you are interested in a Tac2 in 223 and you found 2 to buy, you better buy it. They are hard to find since most users prefer the 308,300wm, 338.

1. Are you sure it's a TAC 2 and not a LRS2? LRS/r93 are MUCH easier to get barrels.

2. Note. The 223 mags can be a little finicky. I'm still playing with mine and just about have a modification worked out to my standards.

Marky
What's up Marky,
Was wondering when you were going to chime in ;)

Still looking for a 223 Match barrel for my LRS2 but I have the mag and mini bolt head ready to go. Just curious what the 223 mag issues are that you referenced.

USAF CCT

Post by USAF CCT »

stokesrj wrote:You will be able to use the PM function once you have posted ten posts, so why don't you tell us some more about yourself, what you like to shoot, your other guns, what you would like to do in the future. I'll send Tacticalshirts a PM to direct him to your post.
Bob
Thanks for the PM pointer, Bob. As long as good folks like yourself chime in, I'll be in the 10 ring in no time. ;)

USAF CCT

Post by USAF CCT »

Thanks for contributing to the thread, Marky.

First question: Do you think it would be a good idea to move the discussion off of the Introductions board and onto a board meant for Blaser discussion? I was thinking that I'd like our discussion to help future Tac 2 owners who are just as confused about this unique rifle system as I am...and I don't want to short the forum just because I need help.

USAF CCT

Post by USAF CCT »

I just saw the photo of your Pronghorn, Bob. I came upon one in Alberta, BC, years ago. He was so damn muscular that he looked like sprung steel...ready to go from 0 to 60 in a split second. Considering how skittish these things are, how did you ever get to within 40 yards? I'm very impressed.

By the way, I wasn't able to post under the photo for some reason. Not enough posts, I suppose.

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

USAF CCT wrote:I just saw the photo of your Pronghorn, Bob. I came upon one in Alberta, BC, years ago. He was so damn muscular that he looked like sprung steel...ready to go from 0 to 60 in a split second. Considering how skittish these things are, how did you ever get to within 40 yards? I'm very impressed.

By the way, I wasn't able to post under the photo for some reason. Not enough posts, I suppose.
I've hunted Antelope in Arizona only with a bow. There is no chance to get a rifle tag, less than 1% chance anyway. There are some monster Ptonghorns in Arizona, I've seen many that would make the Boone and Crockett books.

This is my second one with a bow in Arizona, I shot two others in Colorado with a rifle but the bow hunt is much, much, more fun. This one jumped string the first shot, but unbelievably didn't see me or know what had happened and came back to investigate, which was a fatal mistake on his part.
Robert J Stokes

USAF CCT

Post by USAF CCT »

Tacticaltshirts.com wrote:Update: if you are interested in a Tac2 in 223 and you found 2 to buy, you better buy it. They are hard to find since most users prefer the 308,300wm, 338.

Marky
Once again, @Tacticalshirts.com (Marky), I really appreciate your offer to help. As I honestly respect the value of a free forum, I decided to move the discussion over to the Blaser board. If you get some time for it, please check out the new thread here: Tac 2 Thread.

Thanks for your time,
USAF CCT

Return to “BlaserBuds Introductions”