Greetings from Utah

A place where new members can introduce themselves.

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, pagosawingnut

JJones

Greetings from Utah

Post by JJones »

After perusing this site for awhile now attempting to increase my Blaser family knowledge, I believe an introduction is in order.

Although a long-time hunter and official 'gun nut', I'm a relative new comer to the world of these rifles. My first entry was about 5 years ago with the purchase of a Sauer 200. A few years later, and another Sauer decided to take up residence in the gun safe - this one a 202 in 375H&H, shortly followed by an additional 7mm Rem Mag barrel. After finding this site researching Sauer information, my attention was then turned to Blaser. A well-taken care of R93 in 300 WSM was just too good to pass up, and now sits comfortably beside the Sauers.

The R93 and 202 were recently deployed on an African trip where both operated flawlessly as well as being a joy to carry in the field (albeit the R93 was an absolute featherweight compared to the 202...). Of course now it's a tough emotional decision to decide which pieces and parts to buy for next, my Sauers or the Blaser, and what I may have to part with to continue funding this affliction... And then of course there's the K95. Having a particular soft spot for single-shots, I'm know this particular rifle will further complicate matters. So, for the time being I'm just trying to ignore any K95 posts for fear of what may result.

This site has been a great resource, and I look forward to further tapping into the knowledge and insight available.

Jason

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Re: Greetings from Utah

Post by 9.3x64 »

Welcome aboard Jason. Enjoy.

My vote is for the K95... :naughty:
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Welcome Jason. Have you dropped into see Aleko at Heritage Arms in Utah? Last time I was there it was got me inspired to buy a BBF97 and a K95.

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

Hi Jason,
Welcome to Blaser Buds, I hope you enjoy being a member and share your adventures and experiences with us. Where abouts do you live in Utah? I'll be moving back out west in the coming months and plan to winter in Arizona and buy a ranch for the summer, spring, fall in a cooler climate. I've been considering Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana all of which I've hunted quite a bit. However some Utah ranches have caught my attention lately so it is on my radar as well. Where would you look at buying a ranch in Utah?
Robert J Stokes

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

Welcome Jason hope you enjoy it here.
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

pagosawingnut
Global Moderator

Post by pagosawingnut »

Welcome aboard! Sounds like you're getting a good start.
It doesn't matter what you shoot as long as you shoot
NRA Benefactor Member
SCI Life Member
USMC Life Member

JJones

Post by JJones »

I am familiar with Heritage Arms. Several years ago prior to my first overseas trip Aleko did discuss the merits of a Blaser with me but it didn't catch at that time. He still has his shop, but I don't believe he is currently an authorized dealer. Remchesters and custom long-range rigs tend to dominate the intermountain west, demand for Blasers I'm sure a bit low in this area. He still has his shop, but it's been awhile since I've stopped by. Next time I'm in the area I'll drop back in.

JJones

Post by JJones »

Robert - It would depend on what you're looking for, both habitat and size. We are primarily a high desert area, but do have some nice pockets of aspen and pines. Due to my proximity to the Salt Lake City area, I'm partial to the Uinta Mountains, but availability of private land may be a bit limited. I've also spent some time camping and hunting in some great areas east as well as SW of Price. If sagebrush and scrub oak are to you're liking, we certainly have a fair amount of that (can be some wonderful mule deer habitat).

However, despite living here for over 25 years, if I had my choice I'd be seriously looking in your original focus areas - Montana, northern Wyoming, or Idaho.

desullivan

Post by desullivan »

Welcome Jason!!

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

JJones wrote:Robert - It would depend on what you're looking for, both habitat and size. We are primarily a high desert area, but do have some nice pockets of aspen and pines. Due to my proximity to the Salt Lake City area, I'm partial to the Uinta Mountains, but availability of private land may be a bit limited. I've also spent some time camping and hunting in some great areas east as well as SW of Price. If sagebrush and scrub oak are to you're liking, we certainly have a fair amount of that (can be some wonderful mule deer habitat).

However, despite living here for over 25 years, if I had my choice I'd be seriously looking in your original focus areas - Montana, northern Wyoming, or Idaho.
That is pretty much what I expected you to say, but you never know. I had made an offer on a ranch in Idaho but foolishly let another buy it from under me. Now it seems he couldn't come up with the financing so I may get another chance. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb3-cYb-37A
Robert J Stokes

canalrifle
Meister der jagd

Post by canalrifle »

Hope you get it. I will be happy to bring a house warming present.

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

Welcome aboard Jason,
Enjoy

7x57
Meister der jagd

Post by 7x57 »

Welcome aboard Jason and glad that you are enjoying the transition to Blaser. K95 on my wish list as well.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Greetings and welcome, I can help you out.

Buy barrels for the R93, hell sell the Sauer's off and buy more R93 barrels and a K95.

See dilemma solved, and a new addiction born. :handgestures-thumbup:
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Hawk in WY

Post by Hawk in WY »

Live Water Properties are the go to guys and gals for property in North West Wyoming, Eastern Idaho, and Southern Montana.

Good Luck.

Return to “BlaserBuds Introductions”