New from NJ

A place where new members can introduce themselves.

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, pagosawingnut

MikeHav

New from NJ

Post by MikeHav »

Hello all. My name is Mike and I'm from NJ. Avid hunter and shooter. I own a Blazer R93 and absolutely love it! I'm in the marketable again for another one.

I've been trying to reach a member on here,Rdelius, but I can't seem to figure out how to reply to one of his posts or a personal message if possible. Any suggestions?

Thank you and I look forward to sharing some stories with you guys
Mike

Mcardenal

Re: New from NJ

Post by Mcardenal »

Welcome.
Tell us about what you have and what you are looking for.
We love a good story

Martin

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Post by ebrownw2 »

You have to post a few times before you can private message somebody or use the classifieds section. It’s just an effort to keep this board being a community of Blaser enthusiasts first and foremost, rather than a marketplace. Like Martin said, tell us what Blasers you have and what you use them for. And start saving. Based on my personal experience once you gain access to the classifieds on here you will spend way more than planned...

Welcome aboard,

Eddie

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

Welcome aboard Mike.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

pagosawingnut
Global Moderator

Post by pagosawingnut »

Welcome aboard!
It doesn't matter what you shoot as long as you shoot
NRA Benefactor Member
SCI Life Member
USMC Life Member

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

:text-welcomewave: to BlaserBuds Mike. :handgestures-thumbup:

canalrifle
Meister der jagd

Post by canalrifle »

Good to have a blaser bud from the Garden state.

MikeHav

Post by MikeHav »

Well I have a r93 with two barrels. One in 300 weatherby and another in 264 win mag. I originally bought the gun at Harrisburg PA,from a dealer ,Cook Shavone,autumn woods outfitters. Also bought the break down suit case for it. Absolutely loved the gun. First year I took it to Alberta, I killed a 170 class 10pt. The following year up there, I killed a 195" buck with double main beams and 15" brows. Killed countless coyote up there with the 264. I bought that barrel thinking it was less recoil,,ha ha.
After the two years up there,friends of mine were planning a elk hunt which always wanted to do. Well they all backed out and no trip, and I still haven't hunted for elk,,,,,,one day though.
Since then I have made the gun into a safe queen. I have been looking at the new blasers, but honestly, I can't warm up to them. I don't like the lines,even though they aren't much different minus the detach trigger group. Please don't hate me.I Love the R93.
Since retiring the blaser, I started building my own off a clone 700.
My most recent is a viper predator action in 6.5 Saum. Great gun. We bang steel out to 1200yards. Great fun. I'm running a Schmidt and Bender PMll on that.
I also built my son a fast twist 243 with a nightforce f1. Its all about him and my daughter loves to shoot clays. Yep,they keep me busy.

I really look forward to contributing to the sight,been following for quite some time. When I figure out how to post pics, I'll do so.
Have a great night

Mcardenal

Post by Mcardenal »

Hello Mike,

Thanks for sharing and adding to the Blaserbuds community.

Your not the first person i hear preferring to stick to the R93 over its kid brother (R8). I have never handled an R8 but see few reasons to upgrade and abandon all the good times my R93 has given me. Not to mention the significant investment (at least by my standards) in time and money spent accumulating my current R93 barrel and parts collection. I guess if i was starting from scratch i might feel differently.
Not to mention I'm also invested in the LRS2 platform.

Funny you mention trying to get an Elk hunt going. I just came back from a summer family trip in Montana and am determined to get one going with my hunting crew.

Good luck and we look forward to those picks,

Martin

MikeHav

Post by MikeHav »

Canalrifle,,you from the Garden State??

canalrifle
Meister der jagd

Post by canalrifle »

No, but my late wife grew up in Hackettstown and I visited there often.

Return to “BlaserBuds Introductions”