Greetings from Texas

A place where new members can introduce themselves.

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, pagosawingnut

Arminho

Greetings from Texas

Post by Arminho »

Howdy guys,

I'm a European transplant, living in Texas. We bought a Blaser R8 Professional in .308 for my Dad to hunt with. I enjoy stalk hunting here in North Texas, mostly for whitetail deer. Have hunted with a Remington 700 in 30-06 (walnut mahogany stock) and am also excited to use the Blaser now. I'm wanting to start hunting some bigger game around Texas, New Mexico, etc. Suggestions and hunt options always welcome. Looking forward to getting into some precision shooting as well. This community has been great for my Dad and I and we have enjoyed learning from so many Blaser enthusiasts.

Best,
Arminho

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Re: Greetings from Texas

Post by deerhunter338mag »

Welcome aboard buddy, hope you enjoy it here.
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

7x57
Meister der jagd

Post by 7x57 »

Welcome to the forum. Great forum with many helpful folks.

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

Welcome aboard mate.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

Welcome to Blaser Buds, hope you get to enjoy using that R8. Texas has a lot of hunting opportunities.
Robert J Stokes

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

Welcome to Texas and Blaserbuds. I'm 100% Texan, born here and going to die here. As you indicated we have a lot of hunting here and in the neighboring states. If you ever decide to go for elk I have an excellent guide/outfitter near Cloudcroft, New Mexico. He lives in the Lincoln National Forest and has access to not only private ranches but the government lands as well where he puts people in for the draw and provides the guide part. Not sure how long he's been guiding there but it's probably around 30 years.

Also lots of private ranches here that have whitetail, hogs, dove and quail as well as Exotics. Some are canned operations which don't appeal to most of us but many have game which is as wild/tame as those on free range. When you get into the 1,000 acre and up ranches they're like hunting free range animals. The areas around Kerrville, Fredericksburg, etc., have a lot of game ranches.

Ever get bored you can visit Blaser-USA near the SA International Airport. They have a showroom where you can drool over their products. I still haven't been there since they opened it but hope to visit in the near future.

Glad to have you here and good luck hunting.

pagosawingnut
Global Moderator

Post by pagosawingnut »

Welcome aboard! You'll do just fine with the initial setup.
It doesn't matter what you shoot as long as you shoot
NRA Benefactor Member
SCI Life Member
USMC Life Member

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Welcome, there should be plenty around there to hunt so enjoy.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Arminho

Post by Arminho »

thechamp wrote:Welcome to Texas and Blaserbuds. I'm 100% Texan, born here and going to die here. As you indicated we have a lot of hunting here and in the neighboring states. If you ever decide to go for elk I have an excellent guide/outfitter near Cloudcroft, New Mexico. He lives in the Lincoln National Forest and has access to not only private ranches but the government lands as well where he puts people in for the draw and provides the guide part. Not sure how long he's been guiding there but it's probably around 30 years.

Also lots of private ranches here that have whitetail, hogs, dove and quail as well as Exotics. Some are canned operations which don't appeal to most of us but many have game which is as wild/tame as those on free range. When you get into the 1,000 acre and up ranches they're like hunting free range animals. The areas around Kerrville, Fredericksburg, etc., have a lot of game ranches.

Ever get bored you can visit Blaser-USA near the SA International Airport. They have a showroom where you can drool over their products. I still haven't been there since they opened it but hope to visit in the near future.

Glad to have you here and good luck hunting.

I’d love to know who your guy in New Mexico is! Dad and I are pretty adamant about doing a stalk hunt and elk would be fantastic. Send his info my way. Feel free to PM or send on here.

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

His name is Steve Connor, his company is STC Outfitting. http://stcoutfitting.com/
Best bet is to call him late in the day and try to catch him in the house. If he's not there leave him a message and he'll call you back. Check out the website and the elk and other game that his hunters have taken. Living in those mountains give him a tremendous advantage over the other outfitters/guides that show up a few days before the season and hope to find quality game. They are very proficient at calling in elk bulls for the archers as well. Tell him Robert from San Antonio said to call him.

Return to “BlaserBuds Introductions”