Hello from Germany :)

A place where new members can introduce themselves.

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, pagosawingnut

Huntinwild88

Re: Hello from Germany :)

Post by Huntinwild88 »

Welcome I had the pleasure of living and hunting in Germany for 3 years.
Vaughan I have to agree.. drahthaars are better!

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

Huntinwild88 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:44 pm Welcome I had the pleasure of living and hunting in Germany for 3 years.
:snooty: :snooty:
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

9.3x64 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:33 pm
Huntinwild88 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:44 pm Welcome I had the pleasure of living and hunting in Germany for 3 years.
:snooty: :snooty:
:lol: :lol:
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

VISI_24

Post by VISI_24 »

analog_peninsula wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:50 am Perhaps you could explain the EWB requirement for those of us who don't live in the EU. I've seen items on eGun.de that I'd like to buy that aren't restricted in the US, like barrels and bolt heads, but they appear to be subject to EWB. These parts are unrestricted in the US, meaning they can be freely and legally sent via ordinary mail / package carriers without any special requirements, so there are no legal difficulties at this end.

As I don't speak / write German and am forced to use Google Translate to view the auctions, I hesitate to write the sellers for an explanation of the proper EWB process.
Sorry for the late reply, I was very busy these last weeks.

All products that are labeled as EWB are restricted items that can only be purchased with a valid German firearm permit. This includes bolts, bolt heads (if removable from bolt carrier), barrels and since Sept. 2020 also the action itself. The only remaining parts which can freely be purchased are magazines, triggers and stocks (w/out action).
There are firearm exporters that will purchase the items and then take care of the paperwork for you, but given imports tariffs outside of the EU and freight costs it'll be quite expensive and probably not really worthwhile, unless it's an amazing deal on something you won't find anywhere else.

I will be getting a grade 10 stock for a Blaser R8 in the next weeks, which are free to ship anywhere. Just let me know if you're interested.

analog_peninsula

Post by analog_peninsula »

Thank you for the excellent explanation. I was afraid that was the case, as the bureaucrats never make our lives any easier, do they?

Return to “BlaserBuds Introductions”