1st, time Blaser Owner...

A place where new members can introduce themselves.

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, pagosawingnut

YukonHunter

Re: 1st, time Blaser Owner...

Post by YukonHunter »

deerhunter338mag wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:41 am :text-welcomeconfetti: aboard and what an awesome part of the world your from. :handgestures-thumbup:
Hey deerhunter338mag

We are blessed to live and play in this part of the world. Lots of open space and game is still plentyful. I could go on but maybe I will post a few Stories later that I'm sure you ALL will enjoy.💭

How's the 338mag treating u? In R8 Professional?

I've been running a Ruger Hawkeye in 375cal the last ten years as my Moose gun. It takes them out with conviction but "Range Days" kick the..... out of my shoulder.
Hence me returning to the more manageable 30-06 cal and alittle more range is what I'm after (under 400meters is my current zone of fire).
YH
Blaser R8, Professional Hunter S (Green), Standard barrel w/ iron sights, non-detachable magazine, 30-06 cal, Saddle mount QR with low rings 1", Leupold Gold Ring VX-3 3.5-10x40mm-1" Tube Boone & Crockett.

"The Journey, is the Reward"

YukonHunter

Post by YukonHunter »

Monty3006 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:39 pm I have R8 30-06 pro also. I think you’ve made a great choice. The versatility of the round and the R8 platform lend themselves to each other.
Thanks Monty3006

This will be my third 3006 so it's lkinda like meeting up with an old girl friend...dont tell my wife k? 🙄

YH
Blaser R8, Professional Hunter S (Green), Standard barrel w/ iron sights, non-detachable magazine, 30-06 cal, Saddle mount QR with low rings 1", Leupold Gold Ring VX-3 3.5-10x40mm-1" Tube Boone & Crockett.

YukonHunter

Post by YukonHunter »

9.3x64 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:57 pm I like everything about your choices.
That will be a good solid reliable tool that is extremely accurate.
Yes a 9.3x62 would be my choice, however I imagine in your neck of the woods 3006 ammunition and components are always available. A 3006 is never a bad choice.
You said it. With this Covid thing ammo shortages are a real possibility in the north (and elsewhere). The 30-06 was the "practical" caliber choice as its one of the easiest bullet Cal to find up here. When I need to put meat in the freezer I can't be looking for bullets. I am actually considering getting into re-loading and learning more about maximumizing preformance out of this versatile platform. Should be fun 👍.

Cheers
YH

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I like loading my own, but depending on how often I shoot, but it's sometimes easier to buy 100 rounds or more of factory ammunition and just buy more every time I drop below a predetermined level.

Or just to buy 100 and put them aside and then buy ammo as I need it and just rotate the old with the new.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Joe338ST
Meister der jagd

Post by Joe338ST »

:text-welcomewave: to Blaserbuds!
Joe

I hunt, I shoot, I camp, I fish. They are the great reset buttons in my life.

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

YukonHunter wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:26 am
deerhunter338mag wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:41 am :text-welcomeconfetti: aboard and what an awesome part of the world your from. :handgestures-thumbup:
Hey deerhunter338mag

We are blessed to live and play in this part of the world. Lots of open space and game is still plentyful. I could go on but maybe I will post a few Stories later that I'm sure you ALL will enjoy.💭

How's the 338mag treating u? In R8 Professional?

I've been running a Ruger Hawkeye in 375cal the last ten years as my Moose gun. It takes them out with conviction but "Range Days" kick the..... out of my shoulder.
Hence me returning to the more manageable 30-06 cal and alittle more range is what I'm after (under 400meters is my current zone of fire).
YH
338"s are the place to be for knock down power that's for sure. I like to run big 338's in Rum, Lapimp and sniptac they work really well.
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

YukonHunter

Post by YukonHunter »

NICE Set up😉👆

Return to “BlaserBuds Introductions”