Hello from Tasmania

A place where new members can introduce themselves.

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, pagosawingnut

JD3006

Hello from Tasmania

Post by JD3006 »

Hi all

Ive been a fan of the Blaser R8 since i was invited on a testing day by Leica where i was able to shoot a Blaser in 338Lap... and fell in love with the action.

Im currently researching my options to buying one here in Australia and figured this would be the best place to start looking for information.

Cheers.

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Re: Hello from Tasmania

Post by 9.3x64 »

Welcome aboard mate, you have certainly come to the right place.

TheoR8 used to be Australia’s largest barrel importer, but unfortunately is no longer importing. Due to some sort of feminine mid life crisis or something...

Your best bet is one of the dealers in Melbourne or Sydney, but keep a close eye on used guns as complete Blaser rifles and components are often listed. I think there are some there now actually.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

That's the good thing about a Blaser, you can buy any 2nd hand one you like and then buy any calibre barrel in whatever profile you like for the most part, then change them over whenever you like.
I've bought new, 2nd hand, parts from overseas and many combinations of all 3 and if I was to get another non break action it would be another R93 off road in 223rem and 308win, OK probably another 22lr barrel if I find one too.
But I don't think I'd bother buying any other brand again, everytime I do, I always reach for a Blaser anyway and they just take up space in the safe once the novelty wears off.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

JD3006

Post by JD3006 »

9.3x64 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:03 am Welcome aboard mate, you have certainly come to the right place.

TheoR8 used to be Australia’s largest barrel importer, but unfortunately is no longer importing. Due to some sort of feminine mid life crisis or something...

Your best bet is one of the dealers in Melbourne or Sydney, but keep a close eye on used guns as complete Blaser rifles and components are often listed. I think there are some there now actually.
Thanks for the warm welcome.. surprisingly we have a Blaser dealer down here in Tasmania with a dedicated wall with the large blaser logo and a selection of guns. One of them a stunning $16500 R8 with wood and engraving.. but way out of my budget.

He gave me one of those large Blaser catalogs to help with my procrastination haha

JD3006

Post by JD3006 »

SPEEDY wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:19 am That's the good thing about a Blaser, you can buy any 3nd hand one you like and then buy any calibre barrel in whatever profile you like for the most part, then change them over whenever you like.
I've bought new, 2nd hand, parts from overseas and many combinations of all 3 and if I was to get another non break action it would be another R93 off road in 223rem and 308win, OK probably another 22lr barrel if I find one too.
But I don't think I'd bother buying any other brand again, everytime I do, I always reach for a Blaser anyway and they just take up space in the safe once the novelty wears off.
Thanks, the switch barrel system really interests me. Ive actually asked some questions in the Blaser thread about it.

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

JD3006 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:50 am
9.3x64 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:03 am Welcome aboard mate, you have certainly come to the right place.

Thanks for the warm welcome.. surprisingly we have a Blaser dealer down here in Tasmania with a dedicated wall with the large blaser logo and a selection of guns. One of them a stunning $16500 R8 with wood and engraving.. but way out of my budget.

He gave me one of those large Blaser catalogs to help with my procrastination haha

Oh manure! You have one of those catalogs... be careful they are dangerous!

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

SPEEDY wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:19 am That's the good thing about a Blaser, you can buy any 3nd hand one you like and then buy any calibre barrel in whatever profile you like for the most part, then change them over whenever you like.
Yeah, I know what you mean mate. I have a safe full of eye candy.
But guess which rifle takes the deer each year....It’s been the same one for the last decade.

JD3006

Post by JD3006 »

9.3x64 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:03 am
JD3006 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:50 am

Oh manure! You have one of those catalogs... be careful they are dangerous!
Yeah.. its a good read! Now sits on the coffee table.

He knew what he was doing giving me that book :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

I have a a whole shelf of past Blaser catalogs....and a safe full of the fruits of the catalogs.

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

I think he went to Fantasy Island and fell in love with an oompa loompa. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

Welcome aboard JD3006. There heaps of Blasers on Used guns and as speedy said there's nothing wrong with 2nd hand. Then there's the barrel problem you will get by not stopping at one. :lol: :lol: :handgestures-thumbup:
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

JD3006 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:52 am
Thanks, the switch barrel system really interests me. Ive actually asked some questions in the Blaser thread about it.
Answered them for you. 👍

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

:text-welcomewave: to BlaserBuds :handgestures-thumbup:

Today, I officially became an non-Blaser owner after selling my last one.

Onward and Upward from now on. :dance: :dance: :dance:
deerhunter338mag wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:15 am I think he went to Fantasy Island and fell in love with an oompa loompa. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Funny cant. :naughty: :laughing-rollingyellow:

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

TheoR8 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:34 am :text-welcomewave: to BlaserBuds :handgestures-thumbup:

Today, I officially became an non-Blaser owner after selling my last one.

Onward and Upward from now on. :dance: :dance: :dance:
deerhunter338mag wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:15 am I think he went to Fantasy Island and fell in love with an oompa loompa. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Funny cant. :naughty: :laughing-rollingyellow:
That's OK, your from Melbourne, if there is one thing we have learnt about people from Melbourne over the last couple of years, it's they must be putting something in the water to stop people making rational decisions or infecting them with whatever they must be feeding to Biden. 🤣

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

deerhunter338mag wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:15 am

I think he went to Fantasy Island and fell in love with an oompa loompa. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “BlaserBuds Introductions”