Covid 19

Put any topics that do not fit elsewhere in this forum. A good place to just BS.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

Vaughan

Re: Covid 19

Post by Vaughan »

Ah, I see where you were going. I did see reports on problems with folks in some communities not following the distancing guidelines etc. Generally there is little emphasis by the authorities on breaking down the numbers - except by age and gender. I doubt there is enough data to draw any valid conclusions on divergent community spread - yet. If the outbreak spreads as deeply as I expect it will, it is inevitable it will diverge a bit depending on density and community behavioural differences, same as there will be urban/rural differences, but it is going to belt everyone pretty hard. Just my guess.
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Sunday came and went. 135 new cases and less than 5700 total. Not the 22,000. Next stop easter Sunday and the range now is between 12,000 and 50,000.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

True, but then Spain and Italy have had close to 1000 dying some nights and the virus is out of control, just how it's hitting the US, they will be leading the board soon and they have the best healthcare in the world. .
Our measures are working but if people disregard them then we will get hit hard to, this virus doesn't get out of control until after the medical system gets weighed down.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Well there's not many confirmed cases to be honest. I will be lucky to make 100 today. I'm sure more people get diagnosed of cancer every day. I'm sure the narrative will now turn to words like "suppression, elimination, community transmission, secondary peaks". I'm sure the experts will be remodelling and telling us why we now need a suppression period of another 6 months incase another outbreak occurs.

Without any clear objectives that people can say okay, sounds reasonable this is like a no exit war strategy. Where after 2 decades people say why the f**k are we there in the first place.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Joe338ST wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:53 pm And that is the biggest flaw currently in our case curves.....hospital admissions will eventually tell....
Everyone expected ScoMo to release the Australian modelling based on their data. They did not and they said they used Chinese data. Then they said they incorporated other data but not Australian data. They said maybe they need a couple of more weeks to examine the Australian data.

I could ask a 12 year old to plot the curve.

But he was keen to emphasis stay home for easter and stay home for the foreseeable future based on a discussion with the Indian PM because they had a festival.

There is no exit strategy to this mess.

Would you base you decisions on what happened in a Wuhan or what your own verified numbers in front of your eyes are telling you?

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Even the songkran festival in Thailand has been postponed until this is over with, and that is probably the largest 3 day party/holiday/day of worship in the world, it's an incredible thing to be a part of.
I think jesus might forgive missing one holiday.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Holiday is not the same as stopping events were thousands of people congregate.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

mchughcb wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:50 am Holiday is not the same as stopping events were thousands of people congregate.
It's an event where millions mingle and throw water on each other and generally go around sharing drinks from the same glass for 3 days.
It would spread the coronavirus right across Thailand in 3 days and nobody could stop it after that.

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

SPEEDY wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:46 am Even the songkran festival in Thailand has been postponed until this is over with, and that is probably the largest 3 day party/holiday/day of worship in the world, it's an incredible thing to be a part of.
I think jesus might forgive missing one holiday.
I am pretty sure Octoberfest is largest religious festival in the world...
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

Oscar
Meister der jagd

Post by Oscar »

Question for the group.......what do you think is worst, catching Covid 19 or having to watch chick flicks with the wife because she now has the remote control......taking up residence in the man cave is looking good!

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Oscar wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:02 am Question for the group.......what do you think is worst, catching Covid 19 or having to watch chick flicks with the wife because she now has the remote control......taking up residence in the man cave is looking good!
Covid-19 is a breeze by comparison.... Euthanasia is starting to look good after the last 3 weeks :lol: :lol: All jokes aside, do yourself a favour and shoot the TV :-)
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Oscar wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:02 am Question for the group.......what do you think is worst, catching Covid 19 or having to watch chick flicks with the wife because she now has the remote control......taking up residence in the man cave is looking good!
If you are going to do it. Let me know how much you want for the KRIEGHOFF.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Well the modelling released by our government is only hypothetical based on data from China. He is saying they will release modelling based on Australian data in two weeks :liar:

What a joke :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oscar
Meister der jagd

Post by Oscar »

mchughcb wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:40 am
If you are going to do it. Let me know how much you want for the KRIEGHOFF.
It’s not such a hard decision to go to the man cave, there’s a fridge, heating, internet and a 15 year old scotch in there....for medicinal purposes!

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Well dropped into see Theo today for essential oil. I was served by 4 staff. Probably first and last time. Great service. Get out there and support your local stores. Everyone needs a job in these hard times.

Return to “Open discussion”