Shipping our beloved Blasers . . .

Put any topics that do not fit elsewhere in this forum. A good place to just BS.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

John0313
kuchnie na wymiar kraków nowoczesnekuchnie

Shipping our beloved Blasers . . .

Post by John0313 »

Recently I “treated” myself with the purchase of a K95 Stutzen. Upon arrival, the forend of the rifle fit a little loose, so I contacted Andrej at Blaser USA to see about having it addressed. I was told to send it in, they’d be happy to look it over.

Rifle was shipped via UPS on 2 May, but didn’t make its way to San Antonio. Today, after much effort to talk to a “real person” I was told that they lost track of it on 4 May, it’s obviously lost, and I need to file a claim. If that’s not bad enough, now they are telling me that the amount I insured it for (MSR replacement, as I hadn’t even shot it yet) is outside their insurance limits - even though they were happy to charge me $122 insurance for my valuation of $10K per my receipt.

Per Virginia law (where I live), you are required by law to report a missing/lost/stolen firearm with 48 hours of discovery. The local police that stopped by for the report welcomed me to the ranks of the “many” victims of firearms theft in shipment by UPS. He said the the losses are almost common.

I thought I was being “smart” by shipping the K95 disassembled in a “Chewy” dog food box.

Beware friends, beware. The policeman told me he’s never seen, or heard of one of these firearms stolen during shipment being recovered.

Vaughan

Re: Shipping our beloved Blasers . . .

Post by Vaughan »

That sucks, sorry to hear about your loss. I particularly liked the bit about your claim being over the limit, even though they were happy enough to charge you a premium for the high value.... :violence-chainsaw:
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

jamesc

Post by jamesc »

Oh man that sucks

jamesc

Post by jamesc »

Oh man that sucks

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Poop!

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

That's BS, they took your money for insurance now they have to pay up.
But big business don't seem to have to follow the same rules as the rest of us.
I hope it turns up, I hope you have the serial number so if the new "owner" sends it in for the same thing then its found again.
Good luck.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

canalrifle
Meister der jagd

Post by canalrifle »

Sorry to hear of your loss.

MM
Meister der jagd

Post by MM »

That sucks. Check with your homeowners insurance. You might have blanket coverage unless you individually scheduled your guns, they may pick up excess or help you subragate against the other insurance company. Keep the faith I shipped a rifle ( not to Blaser) it showed up a week late after disappearing with no explanation. Since then I overnight or two day delivery to limit time in their system

Gamsjagd
Meister der jagd

Post by Gamsjagd »

I used to ship a couple million dollars worth of parts from Afghanistan, Djibouti, Iraq and other interesting places a couple of times a day to our base in Maine.

We only lost one.

USPS are full on crooks, I wouldn't ship anything of value using them.

But I have had multiple things stolen of my personal stuff from Fedex, DHL, USPS and UPS. So it's not like anyone of them is perfect.

MC2

Post by MC2 »

I had a UPS mishap with my K95 coming back from a gunsmith. The box disappeared from tracking. After much flailing I went to a UPS regional customer service center and talked to a guy there. He said the value alone should have caused it to be handled separately as well as being a firearm. I was given an email to send the description and serial number to. Apparently they have a opened merch center that collects stuff without an address or falls out of a box. Long story short UPS overnight shipped my K95 back in pieces with a nasty scratch on the receiver. Stock bolt and recoil pad were missing but I replaced all that. I was just happy I got it back.

Try sending an email to Overgoodsearch@ups.com with a description and serial number. Pictures too.

To send anything back to Blaser use https://blaserownersclub.com/. It's the Blaser service center site. They provide the UPS shipping label and insurance. This is the only way I ship to Blaser now.

Gamsjagd
Meister der jagd

Post by Gamsjagd »

Thanks for posting that.

Kflattmann

Post by Kflattmann »

Thanks Mark….good info!

John0313

Post by John0313 »

Mark-

Thanks for posting that information. I’m still hoping it turns up; but am prepared for the worst.

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

John0313 wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 6:32 pm
Mark-

Thanks for posting that information. I’m still hoping it turns up; but am prepared for the worst.
Last year I had a Sako stock go missing in transit for almost 3 weeks. Turned up the same day I wrote it off as an expensive lesson.

Hopefully yours turns up to 👍

Rod

John0313

Post by John0313 »

I’m very glad to report the rifle has been found!

UPS reported it to me as damaged in transit, but the single picture they sent didn’t show any damage. Blaser USA will decide.

Relieved to say the least!!

Return to “Open discussion”