New gun laws in Western Australia.

Put any topics that do not fit elsewhere in this forum. A good place to just BS.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

stokesrj

Re: New gun laws in Western Australia.

Post by stokesrj »

The list is silly, my .375 Enabler I shoot at 2 miles is not on the list.
Robert J Stokes

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

deerhunter338mag wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:01 am
SPEEDY wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:50 am But seriously, how many rounds would you have to have on a list to keep them to a safe range for petty minded bureaucrats not to crack the sads over.
I doubt anyone in Australia has been murdered over a hundred metres let alone say 500m so what's their justification?
Yeah a former Australian solders knocked off the former Rebels boss Nick Martin. 300m shoot from a 300wind bag. No great range at all, but in the eyes of the media that's the same as 3000m. :doh: Was also in WA December 2020. :handgestures-thumbup:
They had better watch out then, any F class round will be next on the list.
This sort of BS madness will never end.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

stokesrj wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:42 pm The list is silly, my .375 Enabler I shoot at 2 miles is not on the list.
It might come down to what the action is. There also banning the brass for these cal as well. Just madness. :doh:
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

I reckon that they’ll use their “banned cartridges “ list as a guide. I can’t see them issuing a PTA ( permit to acquire) for a rifle chambered for some wild cat or some other variation of a cartridge, or similar to, on the banned list.

First PTA submitted for a rifle with something exotic listed is going to come back with a request for further information. Which would then be followed up with’ nice try’ but go fornicate your self reply.

Rod

I also reckon that they drafted their banned list by trolling through their list of registered guns and plucking out any which they found offensive.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Unfortunately what they find offensive is all of them and that's what they want to ban even if they won't publicly admit it.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

SPEEDY wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:58 am Unfortunately what they find offensive is all of them and that's what they want to ban even if they won't publicly admit it.
Unfortunately…..you may be right.

Rod

analog_peninsula

Post by analog_peninsula »

By the same logic, we should ban all heavy trucks since terrorists in Nice used a rental truck to mow down 85 people during a public holiday. Anything can be abused by those with evil intent. Trying to “protect” everyone from everything will lead us to a world where only the expressly permitted is allowed and freedom of action and conscience is only a memory.

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

analog_peninsula wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:03 pm By the same logic, we should ban all heavy trucks since terrorists in Nice used a rental truck to mow down 85 people during a public holiday. Anything can be abused by those with evil intent. Trying to “protect” everyone from everything will lead us to a world where only the expressly permitted is allowed and freedom of action and conscience is only a memory.
Don’t bring logic into this 👍

analog_peninsula

Post by analog_peninsula »

I suppose advocating voter competency and means testing along the lines of an understanding of basic government mechanics and the ability to take care of oneself would make me a bad person, wouldn’t it?
:roll:

Return to “Open discussion”