A heartbreaking story

Put any topics that do not fit elsewhere in this forum. A good place to just BS.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

icebug
Meister der jagd

A heartbreaking story

Post by icebug »

I almost cried when I was reading the article.
Damn you humans!

https://www.peta.org/blog/help-animals- ... lue-traps/
All for one and 9.3 for all
https://youtu.be/8r-e2NDSTuE

sav338
Meister der jagd

Re: A heartbreaking story

Post by sav338 »

You do have a soft hart there Icebug, I empathise with you .

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I used to do pest control when I was between services, we had to use those traps where we couldn't use poison.
But kama evens things out, we used a product called scatter bird. It was essentially LSD for birds, they would have a feed, have a bad trip and not come back :lol:

However I saw a pigeon stuck in a glue trap once, it had a feed of scatter bird too.
Now that was the funniest bad trip I've ever seen :lol:

I guess that makes me a bad person. :shhh:
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

dchamp
Meister der jagd

Post by dchamp »

I haven't had much luck with glue traps in the past that's why I use the standard spring loaded rat traps. I find them to be the most humane, breaking their filthy little necks.

LSD... Hmmm..The scatter bird sounds interesting do you know if it works on rats. I wonder if the scatter bird would transfer to a cat if the cat ate the rat after the rat ate the scatter bird. Now that could be fun to watch but I would not want to harm the cat as they eat the rats. I wonder :mrgreen:
I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. Galileo

The fact that Jellyfish have survived 650 million years, despite not having brains, gives hope to many people. sun-gazing.com

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Nope, only works on birds, wont work on humans or dogs etc I cant remember why but unless its got feathers it will just give whatever eats it some stomach pains.
Now if you happen to vist a famous aussie beach with rabid sea gulls and accidentally throw a big handful on the ground with your left over chips.
Well lets just say tourists would freak out, authorities would be called thinking theres a bird flu like virus outbreak,the "mystery" would make the local news and you would never ever do it again. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Theres something about several hundred birds having a bad trip at a famous beach, flying at people, flying at traffic, flying into shops,trying to fly upside down on the ground in circles and making a sight and sound to do a Steven king novel proud, that you never want to repeat even though you and a handful of drunk mates have literally pissed yourselves laughing. :lol: :lol: :lol:
That is due purely to the unwanted attention that many government type organizations give to the matter :whistle:

dchamp
Meister der jagd

Post by dchamp »

Sounds like you had great fun.

I remember back when I was a teenager I worked for my uncle in Skagway Alaska for two summers. At that time Skagway was a small remote little town in the inside passage best known in history as a steeping off point for the Yukon Gold Rush. Anyway it could be a boring place during your spare time as a teenager. We would sometimes manage to entertain ourselves with the seagulls by soaking bread in whisky and then throwing it out onto the dock. The gulls would gobble it up and then kind of waddle over to edge of the pier and set off to flight only to plunge into the water and then sit and bob for awhile. Other times we would tie some fish to some line and attach the other end to the pier. They would come to an abrupt halt in mid flight at about 50-100 feet. It may sound cruel but it was great fun for a handful of restless teenagers.
I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. Galileo

The fact that Jellyfish have survived 650 million years, despite not having brains, gives hope to many people. sun-gazing.com

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

SPEEDY wrote:I guess that makes me a bad person. :shhh:
I'm not sure that's what did it :lol:
Robert J Stokes

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

Just goes to show how crazy this Org is.
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

What gets me is that they cry over a few rats/mice that get killed but want us all to be vegan to save the animals despite more animals being killed as a result of grain production.
You have birds being shot or poisoned, rodents like mice, rats and rabbits being shot or poisoned and then the larger mammals being shot or once again poisoned so they can grow enough grain to feed us.
Then lets not forget all the land that will need to be cleared to grow more crops etc.

Oscar
Meister der jagd

Post by Oscar »

SPEEDY wrote:What gets me is that they cry over a few rats/mice that get killed but want us all to be vegan to save the animals despite more animals being killed as a result of grain production.
You have birds being shot or poisoned, rodents like mice, rats and rabbits being shot or poisoned and then the larger mammals being shot or once again poisoned so they can grow enough grain to feed us.
Then lets not forget all the land that will need to be cleared to grow more crops etc.
I once said something like that to a anti/ vegan and the logic error almost made them convulsed. I pointed out that the bread that they were eating, was grown in Australia from vast wheat fields. These wheat fields are honey pots for Roos, which means the farmers get contract shooters in to thin the invading animals, therefore to grow that grain, animals died.........they don't talk to me anymore :lol:

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: well said and done

Return to “Open discussion”